The SMU Staff Association (SMUSA) is collecting new, non-violent, unwrapped toys ranging from board games to remote control cars. The gift will help make the holidays brighter for children served by its United Way Partner, Dallas Children’s Advocacy Center (DCAC).
The 2015 Holiday Toy Drive will continue through Monday, Dec. 21. SMUSA reminds participants that all donations must be child-appropriate.
Toys can be donated at the following collection locations:
- Blanton Building – 1st floor by the elevator
- Carr Collins Hall – lobby near Lawyers’ Inn
- Expressway Tower, East Campus – Parking and ID Card Services, Suite 101
- Fondren Library Center – 1st floor circulation desk
- Hughes-Trigg Student Center – 2nd floor, Suite 200
- Umphrey Lee Center – 3rd floor, Suite 301
- 6200 N. Central Expressway, East Campus – Development and External Affairs
As an added bonus, the SMU Parking and ID Card Services Office offers campus community members the opportunity to pay off unpaid parking tickets by donating toys of equal or greater value. To participate in the Toys for Tickets exchange, drivers must bring their parking tickets and a receipt for the toys by Monday, Dec. 21, 2015 to the Parking and ID Card Services Office located in Expressway Tower, Suite 101, between 8:30 a.m. and 5 p.m., Monday-Friday.
For more information on Toys for Tickets, e-mail SMU Parking and ID Card Services Office or contact them via telephone at 214-768-7275.
If you have questions about the types of donations that are accepted, e-mail Stephanie Howeth, Staff Association vice president of service and activities.