This week, SMU faculty and staff will participate in a conference on creating mentoring environments for students. Sharon Daloz Parks, director of leadership for the New Commons of the Whidbey Institute, is keynote speaker for “Big Questions, Worthy Dreams: Mentoring Young People in Their Search for Meaning, Purpose and Faith.” The two-day conference features faculty sessions Feb. 14 (faculty may choose to attend a morning or afternoon session) and a staff session 10 a.m.-3:30 p.m. Feb. 15 (lunch included). This free event is sponsored by the Office of the Chaplain and Religious Life; registration is required. For more information, contact Judy Henneberger, 8-4502.
Latest Faculty & Staff News
- SMU professors Zachary Wallmark, Sabri Ates earn 2017 NEH grants January 24, 2017
- SMU mourns the death of VP for Student Affairs Pamela D. Anthony January 18, 2017
- Spring 2017 General Faculty Meeting will take place Wednesday, Jan. 25 January 11, 2017
- $2 million gift establishes William F. May Endowed Directorship in SMU’s Maguire Center for Ethics and Public Responsibility January 10, 2017
- Retired Dallas Police Chief David O. Brown dubs SMU’s class of 2016 ‘the next Greatest Generation’ at December Commencement December 20, 2016