The days grow shorter, and SMU’s Fall Term 2016 is drawing to a close. Here are some important end-of-term dates to keep in mind:
- Dec. 5: Last day of instruction
- Dec. 6-7: Reading days
- Dec. 8-14: Examinations (no exams scheduled for Sunday)
- Dec. 15: Residence halls close at 10 a.m. for Winter Break (December graduates and residential students who need winter-break or Jan Term housing should contact Residence Life and Student Housing)
- Dec. 23, 2016-Jan. 2, 2017: University closed for Winter Break
- The Rotunda Recessional for December undergraduate candidates will be held at 5:30 p.m. Friday, Dec. 16, with its starting point in the Main Quad. Hot cider will be served. No RSVP is required.
- The 2016 December Commencement Convocation begins at 10 a.m. Saturday, Dec. 17. Retired Dallas Police Chief David O. Brown will deliver the Commencement address.
- Faculty: The traditional Faculty Breakfast will begin at 8:45 a.m. in the Miller Champions Club, Moody Coliseum. The faculty should assemble in the Champions Club in academic dress by 9:40 a.m.
- Guests: Tickets are not needed to attend December Commencement; all seating is available on a first-come, first-served basis. The doors to Moody Coliseum open at 8 a.m.; guests are encouraged to find their seats by 9:45 a.m.
- If you are unable to attend December Commencement, you can watch the ceremony via livestream. Tune in to smu.edu/live beginning at 9:45 a.m.
A quick look at the start of 2017