SMU students aren’t just wishing for a better world: They’re creating one. Meet Andres, Allison, Warren, Jamie, Rob and Charanya – and learn what makes them leaders, advocates and adventurers – at The Face of SMU.
The SMU community will celebrate the graduation of more than 900 students Dec. 13 in Moody Coliseum.
Ceremonies will begin at 7 p.m. with a student and faculty procession and are expected to last about two hours. Speakers will include the following:
- President R. Gerald Turner
- Carl Sewell (’66), chair of the SMU Board of Trustees
- Darrell Lafitte (’54), former SMU All-America football player and a recipient of the 2008 Distinguished Alumni Award
- Dennis Foster, Faculty Senate president and D.D. Frensley Professor of English
- Student Body President Rob Hayden
“The spirit of community combined with our celebration of the individual makes SMU’s December Graduation Convocation a special time,” President Turner says.
Faculty members will assemble for procession no later than 6:30 p.m. in Classroom One of the Dedman Center for Lifetime Sports. Prior to the ceremony, a faculty reception will begin at 5:45 p.m. in Classroom One of the Dedman Center for Lifetime Sports. Faculty members may RSVP online for the reception and Processional.
Find information for students, faculty and guests at the University Registrar’s December Graduation home page.