The Faculty Senate honored five exemplary SMU staff members with 2012 Faculty Senate Outstanding Staff Awards at its last meeting of the academic year May 2.
In addition to the award, each honoree received a tote bag containing items ranging from stationery and season tickets to memberships and logo sportswear. The gifts were donated by Barnes & Noble, Meadows Museum, the Meadows School of the Arts Ticket Office, SMU Athletics, SMU Development and External Affairs, and SMU Dining Services.
This year’s winners are:
- Lucy Cobbe, Graduate Religious Studies, Perkins School of Theology
- Brooke Guelker, English, Dedman College of Humanities and Sciences
- Pamela Carter Hogan, Anthropology, Dedman College of Humanities and Sciences
- Martha Starke, President’s, Dean’s and International Baccalaureate Scholars Programs, Provost’s Office
- Mary Varela, Biological Sciences, Dedman College of Humanities and Sciences