The killing of al Qaeda leader Osama bin Laden by U.S. forces over the weekend has prompted reflection and reassessment on personal, political, ethical and historical levels. SMU experts – including a student Iraq War veteran and an undergraduate whose father died in the 9/11 attacks – provide insight into the meaning of bin Laden’s death, public reaction and America’s relationship with the Middle East. Read their thoughts at the SMU News website.
Latest Faculty & Staff News
- SMU Physics will project solar eclipse into Dallas Hall Rotunda on Monday, Aug. 21, 2017 August 18, 2017
- Pulitzer Prize-winner Matthew Desmond to give public lecture at SMU Thursday, Aug. 24, 2017 August 18, 2017
- Save the date: SMU Fall 2017 General Faculty Meeting, Wednesday, Aug. 23 August 17, 2017
- First Impressions, lasting impact: Literary partnership completes an unfinished journey August 16, 2017
- SMU welcomes the Class of 2021 with Mustang Corral 2017, Aug. 16-20 August 10, 2017