With the fifth anniversary of SMU’s Common Reading Experience approaching in 2008-09, the Common Reading Selection Committee is looking for the book (or play, or monograph) that the class of 2012 will discuss as part of their introduction to college-level reading. The SMU and Dallas communities, including alumni and nonprofit leaders, gathered to discuss the 2007-08 Common Reading, Nick Hornby’s How to Be Good, in the Hughes-Trigg Theater Aug. 30. Read more.
Latest Faculty & Staff News
- Tune In: Watch SMU’s 103rd Opening Convocation live, Sunday, Aug. 20, 2017 August 18, 2017
- SMU Physics will project solar eclipse into Dallas Hall Rotunda on Monday, Aug. 21, 2017 August 18, 2017
- Pulitzer Prize-winner Matthew Desmond to give public lecture at SMU Thursday, Aug. 24, 2017 August 18, 2017
- Save the date: SMU Fall 2017 General Faculty Meeting, Wednesday, Aug. 23 August 17, 2017
- First Impressions, lasting impact: Literary partnership completes an unfinished journey August 16, 2017