With the fifth anniversary of SMU’s Common Reading Experience approaching in 2008-09, the Common Reading Selection Committee is looking for the book (or play, or monograph) that the class of 2012 will discuss as part of their introduction to college-level reading. The SMU and Dallas communities, including alumni and nonprofit leaders, gathered to discuss the 2007-08 Common Reading, Nick Hornby’s How to Be Good, in the Hughes-Trigg Theater Aug. 30. Read more.
Latest Faculty & Staff News
- SMU’s Center for Presidential History to host panel on Trump’s first 100 days Thursday, April 27, 2017 April 20, 2017
- NCAA, Olympic diving coach Jim Stillson to retire after 33 years at SMU April 20, 2017
- Four honorary degree recipients to participate in public symposia during SMU Commencement Week 2017 April 20, 2017
- Caroline Brettell elected to the American Academy of Arts and Sciences April 18, 2017
- SMU honors outstanding achievement, service at 2016-17 Hilltop Excellence Awards, Honors Convocation April 18, 2017