With the fifth anniversary of SMU’s Common Reading Experience approaching in 2008-09, the Common Reading Selection Committee is looking for the book (or play, or monograph) that the class of 2012 will discuss as part of their introduction to college-level reading. The SMU and Dallas communities, including alumni and nonprofit leaders, gathered to discuss the 2007-08 Common Reading, Nick Hornby’s How to Be Good, in the Hughes-Trigg Theater Aug. 30. Read more.
Latest Faculty & Staff News
- Cox School of Business rises 16 places in The Economist‘s global M.B.A. rankings October 20, 2016
- ‘Why Standing Rock Matters’ is topic for Clements Center panel discussion Monday, Oct. 24, 2016 October 18, 2016
- Fred Chang inducted into National Academy of Engineering in D.C. ceremony October 13, 2016
- Acclaimed authors Bernice L. McFadden and Tyehimba Jess to read at SMU’s 2016 Kimbilio Litfest Thursday, Oct. 13 October 13, 2016
- Just Mercy author Bryan Stevenson gives two lectures at SMU Thursday, Oct. 13, 2016 October 13, 2016