“What would a university be without its staff? An asylum,” said Provost Paul Ludden in his keynote speech at the 2007 Staff Recognition Ceremony Oct. 23. Ludden was there to help honor five staff members who celebrated their 25th year at the University in 2007, as well as five winners in the Staff Association’s annual awards program. Read more.
The SMU Staff Association presents the 2007 Loretta O’Reilly Hawkins Award and Presidential Awards at its 7th annual Staff Recognition Ceremony Oct. 23 in the Hughes-Trigg Student Center Theater. A reception will be held at 10 a.m., with the ceremony starting at 10:30 a.m.
The event also honors the following staff members who celebrated their 25th SMU anniversaries this year:
- Lisa Barnes, Public Affairs/Integrated Marketing
- Kathleen Hugley-Cook, Dedman College Advising Center
- Jane Morris, Underwood Law Library
- Tito Munoz, Campus Planning and Plant Operations
- Tammy Sherwood, Engineering Management and Information Systems