SMU’s new Dr. Bob Smith Health Center will be formally dedicated at 11:45 a.m. Friday, Sept. 16, followed by an open house. The new facility began serving students on Aug. 8.
Constructed on the site of the University’s former Memorial Health Center, the Dr. Bob Smith Health Center is located at 6211 Bishop Boulevard. Its physicians, registered nurses, pharmacists, psychologists, counselors, psychiatrists and other staff members provide comprehensive outpatient care, including:
- Medical Services, including X-rays and lab, 214-768-2141
- Counseling Services, 214-768-2277 (an emergency contact number is provided 24/7)
- SMU Pharmacy, 214-768-2149
- Health Education, 214-768-2393
- Student Health Insurance, 214-768-3408
- Academic and Professional Testing, 214-768-2269
The new health center is open 8:30 a.m. to 5 p.m. Mondays through Fridays. To make an appointment, students may call 214-768-2141 or visit studenthealth.smu.edu. Same-day appointments for medical services are available.
For after-hours care, students should visit the Health Center website for area clinics, hospitals and emergency resources. In case of an emergency, call 911 or SMU Police at 214-768-3333.