Archaeologists and anthropologists, international governments, museum curators, antiquities collectors and dealers are caught in a pitched battle over the ethics of collecting historical treasures. SMU will bring combatants into the same room Oct. 18-19 to guide the discussion beyond claims of ownership to the need for stewardship in “The Future of the Past: Ethical Implications of Collecting Antiquities in the 21st Century.” Read more.
Latest Faculty & Staff News
- Save the date: SMU Fall 2017 General Faculty Meeting, Wednesday, Aug. 23 August 17, 2017
- SMU welcomes the Class of 2021 with Mustang Corral 2017, Aug. 16-20 August 10, 2017
- Site Spotlight: Operational Excellence showcases staff members August 10, 2017
- Apply for a 2018 Sam Taylor Fellowship by Tuesday, Aug. 15, 2017 August 10, 2017
- Student career-management leader Crystal Clayton named executive director of SMU’s Hegi Family Career Development Center July 24, 2017