Archaeologists and anthropologists, international governments, museum curators, antiquities collectors and dealers are caught in a pitched battle over the ethics of collecting historical treasures. SMU will bring combatants into the same room Oct. 18-19 to guide the discussion beyond claims of ownership to the need for stewardship in “The Future of the Past: Ethical Implications of Collecting Antiquities in the 21st Century.” Read more.
Latest Faculty & Staff News
- Kenechukwu (K.C.) Mmeje named SMU Vice President for Student Affairs May 23, 2017
- Save the date to celebrate: SMU’s 2017 President’s Picnic is Wednesday, May 24 May 18, 2017
- SMU Guildhall’s 2017 Spring Exhibition takes place Friday, May 19 May 18, 2017
- Research: Gamers join researchers in the fight against cancer May 18, 2017
- Four distinguished SMU scholars named 2017 Ford Research Fellows May 18, 2017