SMU men’s basketball defeated TCU 69-61 in American Airlines Center on Nov. 8, 2013. SMU Athletics has rolled out a new procedure for claiming free faculty and staff tickets to home games in Moody Coliseum.
As the Hilltop prepares for the 2013-14 basketball season, SMU Athletics has introduced a new distribution process for free faculty and staff tickets, as well as discounted prices for season tickets.
The men’s and women’s teams return to a newly renovated Moody Coliseum on Saturday, Jan. 4, 2014.
> Learn more about the Moody Coliseum renovation at newmoody.com
As in previous years, a limited number of free faculty/staff single game tickets will be available for each regular-season home men’s basketball game. Due to increased demand and limited availability, SMU faculty and staff members will be asked to pick up single-game tickets in advance. You may pick up tickets to one, two or three games in each distribution block, with a limit of two (2) free tickets per game per ID. You must present your faculty/staff SMU ID at time of pick-up; you may bring one other faculty/staff ID to pick up a total of four (4) tickets.
> SMU Men’s Basketball news online
One hundred (100) total faculty/staff tickets will be allocated for each game. Tickets will be scanned upon entry and recorded. If a free ticket goes unused, the faculty or staff member who claimed the ticket will not be eligible to pick up tickets in the block pickup following that game. If a free ticket is found to be sold, all ticket privileges linked to that SMU ID will be revoked.
Tickets will be available on a first-come, first-served basis on these pick-up dates for the games listed:
- Monday, Dec. 9 – UCONN (Jan. 4), South Florida (Jan. 15), Rutgers (Jan. 21)
- Monday, Jan. 27 – Memphis (Feb. 1), Temple (Feb. 6), Cincinnati (Feb. 8)
- Monday, Feb. 10 – Houston (Feb. 17), Central Florida (March 1), UCONN (WBB) (Feb. 25)
- Monday, Feb. 17 – Louisville* (March 5)
* Please note that all pick-up windows open on Mondays at 7 a.m. Windows are open until 5 p.m. or until all tickets are distributed.
Only the UCONN women’s game on Feb. 25 will require advance ticket pick-up. Those tickets will be distributed on Feb. 10 along with the Houston and UCF men’s game tickets.
> SMU Women’s Basketball news online
Faculty and staff members may still pick up day-of-game tickets at the Curtis Culwell Center for any non-conference men’s or women’s basketball games. The new policy applies only to games in Moody Coliseum.
SMU faculty and staff members may also buy 2013-14 men’s basketball season tickets at reduced prices. A limit of four (4) season tickets may be purchased at the faculty/staff rate; additional tickets may be purchase at full price. Season tickets offer the same guaranteed location for each regular season home game.
Three options are available:
Baseline Season Ticket
- Sections 200-202, 206-210 and 214-15
- $99 Faculty/Staff rate (limit 4 per staff member) – a 20% discount from the regular price of $125
- No Mustang Club donation required
Sideline Season Ticket
- Sections 203, 205, 211 and 213
- $192 Faculty/Staff rate (limit 4 per staff member) – a 20% discount from the regular price of $240
- Requires a $250 Mustang Club donation
Sideline Mid-court Season Ticket
- Sections 204 and 212
- $240 Faculty/Staff rate (limit 4 per staff member) – a 20% discount from the regular price of $300
- Requires a $500 Mustang Club donation
To purchase season tickets, call the SMU Ticket Office at 214-768-4263. Find a FAQ about SMU faculty/staff tickets under the jump.
> Visit the SMU Ticket Office homepage at smumustangs.com/tickets