SMU President R. Gerald Turner has appointed the search committee for the University’s next vice president for student affairs.
The position became vacant with the death of Dr. Pamela Anthony in January 2017. Associate Vice President and Dean of Student Life Joanne Vogel currently serves as vice president ad interim.
Vice President for Executive Affairs Harold W. Stanley will chair the search committee. Its members include:
- Kent Best, executive director, News and Communications, SMU Public Affairs
- Kelly Hoglund Compton ’79, executive director, The Hoglund Foundation; SMU trustee
- Joe Davis ’06, ’09, associate dean of admission
- Renee Gibson ’05, assistant director, Southeast area, Residence Life and Student Housing
- Donna Gober, senior lecturer and director of wellness, Annette Caldwell Simmons School of Education and Human Development
- Fred Hegi ’66, founding partner, Wingate Partners; SMU trustee
- Monique Holland, executive senior associate director for administration, SMU Athletics
- MacKenzie Jenkins, human rights and political science major, Dedman College of Humanities and Sciences; president, Association of Black Students
- Jorge Juarez, executive director, Recreational Sports
- Creston Lynch, director, Multicultural Student Affairs
- Betty McHone ’06, ’10, assistant chaplain and coordinator of religious life
- Blake Rainey, business management and management science major, student body president
- David Son, professor of chemistry, Dedman College of Humanities and Sciences; faculty-in-residence, Boaz Commons
- R. Haynes Strader Jr. ’11, CBRE, alumnus
- Jake Torres ’11, graduate student, Dedman School of Law; student trustee
- Lt. Bernie Trujillo, Patrol Operations, SMU Police
Mai Bui will serve the committee as liaison to Human Resources. Valerie Benjamin will support the committee, which welcomes input from the SMU community regarding possible candidates for the position. The higher education search firm of Isaacson, Miller will assist the University in the national search.
Inquiries, nominations and applications should be sent in strict confidence to:
Ponneh Varho or Jennifer Carignan
1300 19th Street NW, Suite 700
Washington DC 20036