The 2015 Relay For Life of SMU will take place Friday-Saturday, April 10-11, from 6:30 p.m.-11:30 a.m. All events and activities will take place on Bishop Boulevard. SMU students, faculty and staff are encouraged to participate to make progress toward a world without cancer.
As part of the American Cancer Society, the Relay for Life movement symbolizes hope and a shared goal to end a life-threatening disease. As a way to take action and help finish the fight against cancer during an overnight community fundraising walk, the event serves as an opportunity to honor cancer survivors, remember those lost and raise funds and awareness to help end cancer forever.
2015 Relay for Life Schedule:
- Opening Ceremony: Bringing everyone together for a lively event kickoff, Relay for Life starts at 6 p.m. with an Opening Ceremony.
- Survivors Lap: Next, at 6:15 p.m., all cancer survivors are invited to celebrate their victory over cancer by taking the first lap on the Boulevard.
- Caregivers Lap: Following the Survivors Lap, anyone who ever cared for someone with cancer is invited to walk a lap at 6:30 p.m.
- Luminaria Ceremony: As a time to remember people we have lost to cancer, the Luminaria Ceremony will begin at 10 p.m.
- Closing Ceremony: The event will come to an end at 11:30 a.m. during the Closing Ceremony.