SMU rolls out new faculty/staff basketball ticket procedures, prices

SMU vs TCU in American Airlines Center, 2013

SMU men’s basketball defeated TCU 69-61 in American Airlines Center on Nov. 8, 2013. SMU Athletics has rolled out a new procedure for claiming free faculty and staff tickets to home games in Moody Coliseum.

As the Hilltop prepares for the 2013-14 basketball season, SMU Athletics has introduced a new distribution process for free faculty and staff tickets, as well as discounted prices for season tickets.

The men’s and women’s teams return to a newly renovated Moody Coliseum on Saturday, Jan. 4, 2014.

> Learn more about the Moody Coliseum renovation at newmoody.com

As in previous years, a limited number of free faculty/staff single game tickets will be available for each regular-season home men’s basketball game. Due to increased demand and limited availability, SMU faculty and staff members will be asked to pick up single-game tickets in advance. You may pick up tickets to one, two or three games in each distribution block, with a limit of two (2) free tickets per game per ID. You must present your faculty/staff SMU ID at time of pick-up; you may bring one other faculty/staff ID to pick up a total of four (4) tickets.

> SMU Men’s Basketball news online

One hundred (100) total faculty/staff tickets will be allocated for each game. Tickets will be scanned upon entry and recorded. If a free ticket goes unused, the faculty or staff member who claimed the ticket will not be eligible to pick up tickets in the block pickup following that game. If a free ticket is found to be sold, all ticket privileges linked to that SMU ID will be revoked.

Tickets will be available on a first-come, first-served basis on these pick-up dates for the games listed:

• Monday, Dec. 9 – UCONN (Jan. 4), South Florida (Jan. 15), Rutgers (Jan. 21)
  • Monday, Jan. 27 – Memphis (Feb. 1), Temple (Feb. 6), Cincinnati (Feb. 8)
  • Monday, Feb. 10 – Houston (Feb. 17), Central Florida (March 1), UCONN (WBB) (Feb. 25)
  • Monday, Feb. 17 – Louisville* (March 5)

* Please note that all pick-up windows open on Mondays at 7 a.m. Windows are open until 5 p.m. or until all tickets are distributed.

Only the UCONN women’s game on Feb. 25 will require advance ticket pick-up. Those tickets will be distributed on Feb. 10 along with the Houston and UCF men’s game tickets.

SMU Women’s Basketball news online

Faculty and staff members may still pick up day-of-game tickets at the Curtis Culwell Center for any non-conference men’s or women’s basketball games. The new policy applies only to games in Moody Coliseum.

SMU faculty and staff members may also buy 2013-14 men’s basketball season tickets at reduced prices. A limit of four (4) season tickets may be purchased at the faculty/staff rate; additional tickets may be purchase at full price. Season tickets offer the same guaranteed location for each regular season home game.

Three options are available:

Baseline Season Ticket

• Sections 200-202, 206-210 and 214-15
  • $99 Faculty/Staff rate (limit 4 per staff member) – a 20% discount from the regular price of $125
  • No Mustang Club donation required

Sideline Season Ticket

• Sections 203, 205, 211 and 213
  • $192 Faculty/Staff rate (limit 4 per staff member) – a 20% discount from the regular price of $240
  • Requires a $250 Mustang Club donation

Sideline Mid-court Season Ticket

• Sections 204 and 212
  • $240 Faculty/Staff rate (limit 4 per staff member) – a 20% discount from the regular price of $300
  • Requires a $500 Mustang Club donation

To purchase season tickets, call the SMU Ticket Office at 214-768-4263. Find a FAQ about SMU faculty/staff tickets under the jump.

> Visit the SMU Ticket Office homepage at smumustangs.com/tickets

SMU FACULTY/STAFF MEN’S BASKETBALL MOODY COLISEUM TICKET FAQ

Q: Can I guarantee that I will have a seat at all men’s basketball home games?
A: Yes. The best way to guarantee a seat for home games is to purchase faculty/staff season ticket(s). These tickets are offered at a 20% discount and will guarantee reserved seating at all home games. There are three types of tickets available – please see above.

Q: If I buy season tickets at this discounted rate, will I be able to get that same discount next season?
A: Yes. SMU Athletics will offer faculty/staff 2014-15 season tickets at the same 20% discount.

Q: What if I don’t want to purchase a full-season ticket? Will I still be able to attend home games?
A: A limited number of complimentary tickets will be available for faculty/staff to pick up for each home game. Due to increased ticket demand this season, SMU Athletics is requiring faculty/staff to pick up single-game tickets in advance. The advance pick-up date schedule is listed above.

Q: Will I be penalized for picking up a ticket and not using it?
A: Yes. The tickets will be scanned upon entry and recorded. If a complimentary ticket is sold or goes unused, the faculty/staff member who claimed the ticket will not be eligible to pick up tickets in the next block.

Q: Why 100 tickets?
A: After researching historical faculty/staff ticket usage, it was determined that 100 was an average number of faculty/staff admissions for home games.

Q: What should I do with my ticket if I have picked one up and can no longer attend the game?
A: Please return to the ticket office as soon as possible prior to the game for re-distribution.

Q: When I pick up tickets, do I have to take tickets for all games in that distribution block?
A: No. You may select tickets to one, two or all three games in each distribution block.

Q: Can I sell my complimentary ticket?
A: No. Tickets are transferable only to other SMU faculty/staff members. If any complimentary tickets are found to be sold, all ticket privileges linked to that SMU ID will be revoked.

Q: How many complimentary tickets am I able to pick up?
A: All SMU faculty/staff will have the ability to purchase up to four (4) season tickets. When picking up single-game tickets, faculty/staff are able to receive two (2) tickets with a valid SMU ID. Any faculty/staff member may bring a second valid SMU ID to pick up an additional two tickets for a total of four (4) tickets.

Q: Where do I pick up my complimentary tickets?
A: Tickets are available at the Mustang Ticket Office on the days listed above.

Q: Does this new policy impact women’s basketball tickets?
A: Only the UCONN women’s game on Feb. 25 will require advance ticket pick-up. Those tickets will be distributed on Feb. 10 along with the Houston and UCF men’s game tickets.

Q: Does this new policy impact non-conference games at the Curtis Culwell Center?
A: No. You may still pick up tickets on day of game at the Curtis Culwell Center for any non-conference men’s or women’s basketball games. This policy only impacts games in Moody Coliseum.

About Kathleen Tibbetts

EA-PubAffairs(Periodicals)
This entry was posted in News, Sports and tagged , , , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.