Throughout June and July 2013, SMU will host children and teens from throughout the area for summer camps and programs on the main campus and at SMU-in-Plano. Offerings range from fashion design to application development to LEGOS to sports camps.
During Summer 2013, SMU Soccer is offering faculty and staff members discounts on all soccer day and half-day camps and residential programs. The camps are taught by Mustang coaches and are available for boys and girls of all ages and skill levels.
In addition, SMU Women’s Basketball and Men’s Basketball are offering a 50% faculty-staff discount for its summer camp programs. Contact Shawna Lavender, 214-768-4933, for the girls’ camp discount. For boys’ program discounts, call the Basketball Office at 214-768-4629 or e-mail SMU Basketball School.
Camps and workshops include the following selections – check their links to find more information on dates, costs and target age groups:
- Summer Youth Programs at SMU-in Plano (enrichment workshops in the areas of computers, writing, art, math, science, reading, LEGOS, study skills, fashion design and leadership skills)
- SMU College Experience
- Engineering Camps
- Engineering Innovation Camps
- Fashion Studies
- Girls Talk Back! (business etiquette and communication skills)
- Hilltop Sports Camp (recreational athletics)
- Hispanic Youth Leadership Academy (HYLA)
- iD Tech Camps
- Institute for Young Pianists
- Meadows Academy for Young Artists (MAYA)
- Sports camps for boys and girls including:
- Swimming and diving
- Track and field
- American Red Cross Group Swim Lessons