The Faculty Senate honored five exemplary SMU staff members with 2013 Faculty Senate Outstanding Staff Awards during its last meeting of the academic year on Wednesday, May 1.
In addition to the award, each honoree received a tote bag containing items ranging from season tickets to memberships to logo sportswear. The gifts were donated by SMU Athletics, the SMU Bookstore, SMU Dining Services, Meadows Museum and Meadows Theatre.
This year’s winners:
- Carole Harris, Music, Meadows School of the Arts
- Carolyn Harrod, Biological Sciences, Dedman College of Humanities and Sciences
- Margaux Montgomery, Economics, Dedman College of Humanities and Sciences
- Stephanie Murray, Mechanical Engineering, Lyle School of Engineering
- Charee Stewart, Philosophy, Dedman College of Humanities and Sciences
This year, as a campuswide thank-you to the staff, Faculty Senate President Steve Edwards presented dining coupons for RFoC @ Lee to each senator to take a deserving staff member to lunch. In addition, all staff members nominated for the Faculty Senate awards received dining certificates, as well as their nominators.