- Men: The men were victorious against Rice 67-55 on Wednesday, Feb. 27, in their final game before the Moody Coliseum renovation. The Mustangs celebrated Senior Night prior to the game, and SMU alumnus Bobby Mills took a final shot after the last buzzer, making him the owner of both the first and last basket in the historic coliseum. (Mills scored the first basket in Moody on Dec. 3, 1956.) The Mustangs travel to Alabama Saturday, Mar. 2 to take on UAB at 2 p.m.
- Women: The women play their final home game, and their last before the renovation, at 2 p.m. Sunday, Mar. 3 against UTEP. Currently, the Mustangs (20-7 overall) lead Conference USA with a record of 11-3. Moody Coliseum will reopen in December 2013.
Tennis comes back strong: SMU Men’s Tennis travels to TCU Friday, March 1 for a 5:30 p.m. match and returns home to play Tulane at noon Sunday, March 3 at Dallas’ Samuell Grand Tennis Center. The men enter the weekend after defeating Arkansas-Fort Smith 7-0 last weekend. It was their first match in three weeks, giving them ample time to practice and improve their play. The Mustangs are at 2-4 for their spring season.
SMU Men’s Swimming took first place in the C-USA Championship Meet Feb. 20-23, 2013. The women finished in third:
- Mindaugas Sadauskas: Men’s Swimmer of the Meet
- Isabella Arcila: Women’s Swimmer of the Meet
- Devin Burnett: Men’s Diver of the Meet
- Eddie Sinnott: Co-Men’s Swimming Coach of the Year
- Jim Stillson: Men’s Diving Coach of the Year
SMU Track and Field finished fifth at the C-USA Indoor Championship:
- Mary Alenbratt: Broke the school record for the 3000 meter run
- Craisha Washington, Rachel Scruggs, Isis Wilson and Stephanie Kalu: Broke the school record for the 4×400 meter relay
SMU Women’s Tennis extended their winning streak to four matches.
(Images c/o SMU Athletics)