Ongoing construction activities at SMU will continue to affect some parking areas and travel on some streets until Winter Break 2012 and beyond.
The parking area in the west end and in the southwestern quadrant of Park Cities Plaza will be close for construction activities through Sunday, Sept. 9, 2012. Please do not walk through the construction area and obey all warning signs. Plaza officials have stated that only customers may use the Plaza parking lot; others will have their vehicles towed at their expense.
Other affected areas:
- Airline Road will be closed from the north side of its intersection with Binkley Avenue to the south side of its intersection with Dyer Court until Monday, Dec. 17, 2012.
- Westbound travel on SMU Boulevard from Dublin Street will be detoured to turn around onto eastbound SMU Boulevard at the entrance to Moody Garage.
- Travel on Binkley Avenue between Bishop Boulevard and Dublin will be detoured at Ownby Drive for access to Airline Road north of Dyer Court.
- Southbound travel along Airline Road will be detoured at westbound Dyer Court.
- The parking lot north of the Sigma Chi parking lot will remain closed through January 2014.
- The alley between SMU Boulevard and Dyer Court will be closed at the west end of the alley at Airline Road. This will affect parking behind these fraternity houses:
- SMU Service House
- Pi Kappa Alpha
- Phi Delta Theta
- Phi Gamma Delta