The SMU Staff Association (SMUSA) will present achievement awards and recognize outstanding University employees during its 11th annual Staff Association Assembly and Recognition Ceremony beginning at 10:30 a.m. Thursday, Feb. 16, 2012, in McFarlin Auditorium. A reception precedes the event at 10 a.m.
President R. Gerald Turner will give his annual State of SMU speech, as well as the ceremony’s keynote address. SMUSA will present the 2012 Loretta O’Reilly Hawkins Award and Presidential Recognition Awards. The event also honors staff members who are celebrating their 25th anniversary with the University.
The recognition ceremony will be followed by an afternoon of special events honoring Staff Development Day. Activities include:
- A docent-guided tour of the Meadows Museum Permanent Collection, 1:30-2:45 p.m., Meadows Museum
- “Landscaping with Drought-Tolerant Plants,” presented by Ann Allen, University horticulturist, 1:30-2:45 p.m., Huitt-Zollars Pavilion, 115 Embrey Building
- A docent-guided tour of The Invention of Glory: Afonso V and the Pastrana Tapestries, 3-4:15 p.m., Meadows Museum
- “Tuition Benefits and You,” presented by Valerie Parker, Human Resources, 3-4:15 p.m., Huitt-Zollars Pavilion, 115 Embrey Building
- Spring Bloom Cooking Demonstration, a chef demo and Q&A presented by Claire Florsheim and Kyle Wilson, RFoC @ Lee, Umphrey Lee Center