(Originally published Thursday, Dec. 1, 2011 – updated Tuesday, Dec. 6, 2011.)
The SMU Staff Association (SMUSA) has chosen Thursday, Dec. 8 as the date for its 2011 Holiday Luncheon. The festivities take place 11:30 a.m.-1 p.m. in the Hughes-Trigg Student Center Ballroom. The cost is $15 and can be paid in cash or by check payable to SMUSA. RSVPs are requested by close of business Monday, Dec. 5.
In what has become an annual tradition, SMUSA has also organized a holiday drive to collect toys, games and other gifts for United Way partner Children’s Medical Center. The Staff Association is accepting items ranging from dolls and action figures and related accessories, to board and handheld games and puzzles, to gift cards from toy and department stores. All items should be new and unused, as well as appropriate for children.
SMU community members may bring items to the SMUSA Holiday Luncheon Dec. 8, or drop them off at these designated donation locations through Dec. 14:
- Dallas Hall, Suite 200
- McFarlin Auditorium, outside the ticket office
- RFoC @ Lee (Umphrey Lee Center cafeteria), faculty/staff dining room
- Owen Arts Center, Taubman Atrium
- Blanton Student Services Building, 1st floor lobby
- Expressway Towers (East Campus), Human Resources suite
- Expressway Towers, Park ’N Pony office
- Campus mail, to the attention of Darrah Rippy, Box 181