The Faculty Senate honored five exceptional SMU staff members with 2011 Faculty Senate Outstanding Staff Awards at its last meeting of the academic year May 4.
In addition to the award, each honoree received a tote bag containing items ranging from gift certificates and season tickets to memberships and logo sportswear. The gifts were donated by Barnes & Noble, Meadows Museum, Meadows School of the Arts, SMU Alumni Giving and Relations, SMU Athletics and SMU Dining Services.
This year’s winners are:
- Stephanie Carroll, Dean’s Office, Perkins School of Theology
- Misti Compton, Dean’s Office, Lyle School of Engineering
- Deanna Johnson, Dean’s Office, Meadows School of the Arts
- Leslie Reid, English, Dedman College
- Paula Serna, Center for Teacher Education, Annette Caldwell Simmons School of Education and Human Development