The killing of al Qaeda leader Osama bin Laden by U.S. forces over the weekend has prompted reflection and reassessment on personal, political, ethical and historical levels. SMU experts – including a student Iraq War veteran and an undergraduate whose father died in the 9/11 attacks – provide insight into the meaning of bin Laden’s death, public reaction and America’s relationship with the Middle East. Read their thoughts at the SMU News website.
- 2015 Tate Lecture with Robin Roberts to be rescheduled
- Nomination deadline for Staff Recognition, Loretta O’Reilly Hawkins Awards is Jan. 30, 2015
- SMU urges flu shots and other preventive measures
- Nominations now open for SMU’s 2014-15 All-University awards
- SMU’s Simmons School honors advocates for education with 2015 Luminary Awards