The killing of al Qaeda leader Osama bin Laden by U.S. forces over the weekend has prompted reflection and reassessment on personal, political, ethical and historical levels. SMU experts – including a student Iraq War veteran and an undergraduate whose father died in the 9/11 attacks – provide insight into the meaning of bin Laden’s death, public reaction and America’s relationship with the Middle East. Read their thoughts at the SMU News website.
- Technology entrepreneur and PayPal founder Peter Thiel delivers Tate Lecture Oct. 21, 2014
- SMU continues to monitor Ebola information
- Sports: Men’s Soccer makes return to NSCAA/Continental Tire Division I Coaches Poll
- Tips, tricks and training on the menu at SMU’s 2014 Tech Day Wednesday, Oct. 22
- Calendar Highlights: Oct. 16, 2014