The killing of al Qaeda leader Osama bin Laden by U.S. forces over the weekend has prompted reflection and reassessment on personal, political, ethical and historical levels. SMU experts – including a student Iraq War veteran and an undergraduate whose father died in the 9/11 attacks – provide insight into the meaning of bin Laden’s death, public reaction and America’s relationship with the Middle East. Read their thoughts at the SMU News website.
- U.S. Department of State issues Worldwide Travel Alert through Feb. 24, 2016
- Helping students with stress during the holiday and exam season
- Calendar Highlights: Mustang-Must-do’s for the Holiday Season
- Pulitzer Prize-winning historian David McCullough honored with SMU’s 2015 Tower Medal of Freedom
- Double discounts at the SMU Bookstore during Faculty and Staff Appreciation Day, Wednesday, Dec. 2, 2015