The killing of al Qaeda leader Osama bin Laden by U.S. forces over the weekend has prompted reflection and reassessment on personal, political, ethical and historical levels. SMU experts – including a student Iraq War veteran and an undergraduate whose father died in the 9/11 attacks – provide insight into the meaning of bin Laden’s death, public reaction and America’s relationship with the Middle East. Read their thoughts at the SMU News website.
- SMU Guildhall hosts free-play sessions of student-designed games during 2014 Fall Exhibition Friday, Dec. 19
- Maguire Energy Institute celebrates 40th anniversary
- SMU-record 14 professors receive 2014-15 Sam Taylor Fellowships
- SMU reaches resolution agreement with Department of Education’s Office for Civil Rights
- OE2C: President Turner posts memo on media reports