The killing of al Qaeda leader Osama bin Laden by U.S. forces over the weekend has prompted reflection and reassessment on personal, political, ethical and historical levels. SMU experts – including a student Iraq War veteran and an undergraduate whose father died in the 9/11 attacks – provide insight into the meaning of bin Laden’s death, public reaction and America’s relationship with the Middle East. Read their thoughts at the SMU News website.
- Spring forward: Daylight Saving Time 2014 begins Sunday, March 9
- Seven SMU students to attend 2014 Clinton Global Initiative University annual meeting March 21-23
- SMU Meadows and Dallas Chamber Symphony host international piano competition, March 12-15, 2014
- SMU Lyle to offer first-of-its-kind graduate degree in datacenter systems engineering
- Pamela Patton wins 2014 Eleanor Tufts Book Award