The killing of al Qaeda leader Osama bin Laden by U.S. forces over the weekend has prompted reflection and reassessment on personal, political, ethical and historical levels. SMU experts – including a student Iraq War veteran and an undergraduate whose father died in the 9/11 attacks – provide insight into the meaning of bin Laden’s death, public reaction and America’s relationship with the Middle East. Read their thoughts at the SMU News website.
- SMU’s 2016 President’s Picnic is Wednesday, May 18
- SMU ready to celebrate at 2016 May Commencement Convocation
- Theatre Artist-in-Residence Will Power receives 2016 Doris Duke Artist Award
- Cancer prevention pioneer Groesbeck Parham to receive honorary doctorate during SMU’s 2016 Commencement
- Student-designed games debut on Steam Greenlight, available for public play-testing at 2016 SMU Guildhall Spring Exhibition