The killing of al Qaeda leader Osama bin Laden by U.S. forces over the weekend has prompted reflection and reassessment on personal, political, ethical and historical levels. SMU experts – including a student Iraq War veteran and an undergraduate whose father died in the 9/11 attacks – provide insight into the meaning of bin Laden’s death, public reaction and America’s relationship with the Middle East. Read their thoughts at the SMU News website.
- Save the date: SMU’s Fall 2014 General Faculty Meeting will take place Wednesday, Aug. 27
- SMU’s 2014 Engaged Learning Expo connects students with opportunities on Wednesday, Aug. 27
- SMU revises University Policy Manual regarding sick leave, bereavement; changes are the first wave of a comprehensive update
- SMU recognized by U.S. Department of Homeland Security for antiterrorism preparedness, effectiveness under the SAFETY Act
- Bush Center celebrates Oscar de la Renta with “Five Decades of Style” through Oct. 5, 2014