The killing of al Qaeda leader Osama bin Laden by U.S. forces over the weekend has prompted reflection and reassessment on personal, political, ethical and historical levels. SMU experts – including a student Iraq War veteran and an undergraduate whose father died in the 9/11 attacks – provide insight into the meaning of bin Laden’s death, public reaction and America’s relationship with the Middle East. Read their thoughts at the SMU News website.
- SMU’s Dedman College will house DFW chapter of the Albert Schweitzer Fellowship
- 2014 Hart Global Leaders Forum presents Colin Powell Tuesday, Sept. 30
- Sports Highlights: Sept. 24, 2014
- ‘Oscar de la Renta: Five Decades of Style’ comes to an end Oct. 5, 2014 at the Bush Center
- $2 million gift will create Mary and Richard Templeton Centennial Chair in Electrical Engineering in SMU’s Lyle School