The killing of al Qaeda leader Osama bin Laden by U.S. forces over the weekend has prompted reflection and reassessment on personal, political, ethical and historical levels. SMU experts – including a student Iraq War veteran and an undergraduate whose father died in the 9/11 attacks – provide insight into the meaning of bin Laden’s death, public reaction and America’s relationship with the Middle East. Read their thoughts at the SMU News website.
- Research: Learning algebra from Instagram
- Sports: Rachel Nicol posts nation’s fastest breaststroke time, named AAC Women’s Swimmer of the Week
- $1.5 million gift establishes SMU endowed chair in the legal rights and protection of children
- Gerald J. Ford to speak at SMU’s 2014 December Commencement on Dec. 20
- Faculty in the News: Oct. 7-20, 2014