The killing of al Qaeda leader Osama bin Laden by U.S. forces over the weekend has prompted reflection and reassessment on personal, political, ethical and historical levels. SMU experts – including a student Iraq War veteran and an undergraduate whose father died in the 9/11 attacks – provide insight into the meaning of bin Laden’s death, public reaction and America’s relationship with the Middle East. Read their thoughts at the SMU News website.
Latest Faculty & Staff News
- Cox School of Business rises 16 places in The Economist‘s global M.B.A. rankings October 20, 2016
- ‘Why Standing Rock Matters’ is topic for Clements Center panel discussion Monday, Oct. 24, 2016 October 18, 2016
- Fred Chang inducted into National Academy of Engineering in D.C. ceremony October 13, 2016
- Acclaimed authors Bernice L. McFadden and Tyehimba Jess to read at SMU’s 2016 Kimbilio Litfest Thursday, Oct. 13 October 13, 2016
- Just Mercy author Bryan Stevenson gives two lectures at SMU Thursday, Oct. 13, 2016 October 13, 2016