The killing of al Qaeda leader Osama bin Laden by U.S. forces over the weekend has prompted reflection and reassessment on personal, political, ethical and historical levels. SMU experts – including a student Iraq War veteran and an undergraduate whose father died in the 9/11 attacks – provide insight into the meaning of bin Laden’s death, public reaction and America’s relationship with the Middle East. Read their thoughts at the SMU News website.
Latest Faculty & Staff News
- SMU’s Center for Presidential History to host panel on Trump’s first 100 days Thursday, April 27, 2017 April 20, 2017
- NCAA, Olympic diving coach Jim Stillson to retire after 33 years at SMU April 20, 2017
- Four honorary degree recipients to participate in public symposia during SMU Commencement Week 2017 April 20, 2017
- Caroline Brettell elected to the American Academy of Arts and Sciences April 18, 2017
- SMU honors outstanding achievement, service at 2016-17 Hilltop Excellence Awards, Honors Convocation April 18, 2017