The killing of al Qaeda leader Osama bin Laden by U.S. forces over the weekend has prompted reflection and reassessment on personal, political, ethical and historical levels. SMU experts – including a student Iraq War veteran and an undergraduate whose father died in the 9/11 attacks – provide insight into the meaning of bin Laden’s death, public reaction and America’s relationship with the Middle East. Read their thoughts at the SMU News website.
- Statement from SMU President R. Gerald Turner on SMU Police Officer Mark McCullers
- Al Niemi announces plans to step down as dean of SMU’s Cox School of Business after 2016-17 academic year
- Sports: Rescheduled SMU Football Fan Day includes scrimmage Saturday, Aug. 27, 2016
- Luisa del Rosal named executive director of SMU’s Tower Center for Political Studies, Mission Foods Texas-Mexico Center
- Save the date: 2016 Fall General Faculty Meeting takes place Wednesday, Aug. 24