The killing of al Qaeda leader Osama bin Laden by U.S. forces over the weekend has prompted reflection and reassessment on personal, political, ethical and historical levels. SMU experts – including a student Iraq War veteran and an undergraduate whose father died in the 9/11 attacks – provide insight into the meaning of bin Laden’s death, public reaction and America’s relationship with the Middle East. Read their thoughts at the SMU News website.
Latest Faculty & Staff News
- Tune In: Pi Day #STEMWalk shows that math is all around us March 23, 2017
- SMU Women’s Basketball takes on Indiana in WNIT third round Thursday, March 23, 3017 March 23, 2017
- Dallas Police Chief David Brown receives SMU’s 2017 J. Erik Jonsson Ethics Award March 23, 2017
- SMU Guildhall named #1 for game design in The Princeton Review‘s 2017 rankings March 21, 2017
- SMU names search committee for Vice President for Student Affairs March 15, 2017