The killing of al Qaeda leader Osama bin Laden by U.S. forces over the weekend has prompted reflection and reassessment on personal, political, ethical and historical levels. SMU experts – including a student Iraq War veteran and an undergraduate whose father died in the 9/11 attacks – provide insight into the meaning of bin Laden’s death, public reaction and America’s relationship with the Middle East. Read their thoughts at the SMU News website.
- Calendar Highlights: April 1, 2015
- SMU to honor three global leaders with honorary degrees during its 100th Commencement ceremony Saturday, May 16, 2015
- Meadows School announces $1.5 million challenge grant during 2015 ‘Meadows at the Meyerson’ benefit
- Lyda Hill to receive SMU’s 2015 J. Erik Jonsson Ethics Award
- Arts and civic leader Caren Prothro to be honored in 2015 “Meadows at the Meyerson” Tuesday, March 31