The killing of al Qaeda leader Osama bin Laden by U.S. forces over the weekend has prompted reflection and reassessment on personal, political, ethical and historical levels. SMU experts – including a student Iraq War veteran and an undergraduate whose father died in the 9/11 attacks – provide insight into the meaning of bin Laden’s death, public reaction and America’s relationship with the Middle East. Read their thoughts at the SMU News website.
- Changes in SMU employee parking rates take effect for payroll-deduction plans beginning in August 2015
- SMU to join Park Cities Independence Day celebrations July 4, 2015
- Wes Waggoner named interim SMU AVP for enrollment management effective July 1, 2015
- Pres. Turner confirms SMU will opt out of Texas campus-carry law
- Julie Forrester becomes SMU associate provost June 1, 2015