The killing of al Qaeda leader Osama bin Laden by U.S. forces over the weekend has prompted reflection and reassessment on personal, political, ethical and historical levels. SMU experts – including a student Iraq War veteran and an undergraduate whose father died in the 9/11 attacks – provide insight into the meaning of bin Laden’s death, public reaction and America’s relationship with the Middle East. Read their thoughts at the SMU News website.
- Weather: SMU, SMU-in-Plano closed Thursday, March 5, 2015
- Daylight Saving Time 2015 springs forward on Sunday, March 8
- Former President George W. Bush will deliver address at SMU’s 2015 Commencement Saturday, May 16
- Sports: Women’s track and field finishes 3rd at 2015 AAC Indoor Championship
- Students honor professors’ excellence with 2015 HOPE Awards