SMU’s Department of Human Resources, working with a committee of faculty and staff representatives, has confirmed a slate of new investment and retirement planning services to take effect next year, according to this message dated April 19, 2011:
Exciting changes to SMU’s 403(b) Retirement Plan are coming next year!
The SMU Department of Human Resources and an SMU faculty/staff committee (the Retirement Plan Advisory Council) have explored for the past two years ways to improve the investment education and retirement planning services available to SMU faculty and staff. As a result, a new investment services provider, Diversified Investment Advisors Inc., will come to campus next year.
What this means for you:
- An array of investment funds that meet established standards for quality and performance
- A full-time on-campus retirement planning and investment advisor to help you determine how much income you will need during your retirement years and to develop an effective savings and investment strategy
- Objective and independent (nonproprietary) financial planning services
- A powerful and effective educational model that will enable you to improve your asset allocation and investment strategies throughout your active years with SMU and during your retirement years
- One-stop shopping to simplify and better support your retirement plan transactions through one SMU website portal
A number of decisions have yet to be made regarding various aspects of this change. During the next eight months, you will have many opportunities to learn more through participation in town hall meetings, individual one-on-one meetings, written materials, and BenefitsU.
Questions? Direct them to BenefitsU@smu.edu.