The SMU Staff Association has rescheduled its 2011 Staff Association Assembly and Recognition Ceremony for 10:30 a.m. Thursday, March 17, in McFarlin Auditorium. A reception precedes the event at 10 a.m.
SMU President R. Gerald Turner will give his annual State of SMU speech, as well as the ceremony’s keynote address.
The University was closed for inclement weather on the ceremony’s originally scheduled date of Feb. 4.
Employees who will be honored for 25 years of SMU service include:
• Mary Ann Casazza, Parking and Campus ID
• Faron Collins, Facilities Management and Sustainability
• Chuck Donaldson, Academic Services, Meadows School of the Arts
• Rick Fethke, Finance Office, Dedman College
• Ellen Frost, Bridwell Library Acquisitions, Perkins School of Theology
• Rick Halperin, Embrey Human Rights Program/Clements Department of History, Dedman College
• Mary Jane Johnson, Office of the President
• Daniel Jones, Information Techology
• Jennifer (JJ) Jones, Student Activities and Multicultural Student Affairs
• Arlene Manthey, Development and External Affairs
• James Mohmed, Dance, Meadows School of the Arts
• Mildred Pinkston, Clements Department of History, Dedman College
• Carol Porter, New Student Programs
• Sarah Rincon, Procurement Services
• Kathy Rowe, Enrollment Services
• Kathey S. Smith, Financial Accounting
• Robert J. Smith, Underwood Law Library, Dedman School of Law
• Sheri Ann Starkey, Total Compensation, Human Resources
• Diana Vineyard, Institute for the Study of Earth and Man
• Barbara Waters, Financial Aid, Enrollment Services
• Dale Winkler, Huffington Department of Earth Sciences, Dedman College
In addition, three staff members will receive the Staff Association’s annual awards:
• Dee Powell, Cox School of Business – Loretta O’Reilly Hawkins Award
• Angie Irvin, SMU Police Department – President’s Continuing Excellence Award
• Jim Walters, SMU Police Department – President’s Outstanding Leadership Award
For more information contact SMUSA President Gretchen Voight, 214-768-2037.