Three remaining finalists for the position of Dean of Dedman College of Humanities and Sciences will visit the campus for interviews and meetings during the weeks of Feb. 15 and Feb. 22, 2010.
Each will participate in an open Faculty/Staff Forum to take place on the SMU main campus during their 3-day visits.
The three finalists and their schedules:
- Feb. 14-16: Caroline Levander, professor of English, Carlson Chair in the Humanities, and director of the Humanities Research Center, Rice University – Faculty/Staff Forum 4-5:15 p.m. Feb. 15, McCord Auditorium, 306 Dallas Hall
- Feb. 17-19: Ronald Irving, professor of mathematics and former interim dean of the College of Arts and Sciences, University of Washington – Faculty/Staff Forum 4:15-5:30 p.m. Feb. 19, 225 Perkins Administration Building
- Feb. 21-23: Jacqueline Dixon, professor of geological sciences, senior associate dean and acting interim dean of the College of Arts and Sciences, University of Miami – Faculty/Staff Forum 4-5:15 p.m. Feb. 22, McCord Auditorium, 306 Dallas Hall
Two finalists visited during the week of Feb. 8:
- William Tsutsui, professor of history, associate dean for international studies and director of the Kansas Consortium for Teaching About Asia, Center for East Asian Studies, in the College of Liberal Arts & Sciences, University of Kansas
- Richard Jensen, chair of the Department of Economics and Econometrics, University of Notre Dame
Watch your e-mail and the SMU Forum for additional details.