On Feb. 5, 2010, SMU took part in National Wear Red Day to promote the American Heart Association‘s Go Red for Women campaign. February is National Heart Health Month, and the photo – cosponsored by SMU, SMU Wellpower, the SMU Women’s Symposium and the AHA – kicked off a series of events aimed at raising awareness of heart disease as the #1 killer of women. Eva Parks-Spero of SMU News created a short video to commemorate National Wear Red Day – click the YouTube screen to watch.
• Download a high-resolution copy of the final portrait
• Read more about SMU heart-health events from HR’s Healthy U.
• Visit the SMU Women’s Symposium online
• Find heart-health tips at SMU Wellpower (log in with your 8-digit SMU ID)
• Learn more from the American Heart Association