The IGC finalists – six nonprofessional and six professional teams – are eligible for more than $350,000 in prizes and scholarships. The winners will be announced Feb. 19 at the AIAS’ D.I.C.E.™ (Design, Innovate, Communicate, Entertain) Summit at the Red Rock Resort & Casino in Las Vegas. Hosting the awards ceremony is Adam Sessler, host of G4′s “X-Play” and editor-in-chief of games content for G4tv.com.
All 12 finalists will have the opportunity to pursue potential commercial avenues for their games while at D.I.C.E. AIAS is arranging face-to-face meetings between the finalists and video game executives from publishers and developers such as Sony, Nintendo, Electronic Arts, Capcom, Microsoft, NAMCO/Bandai, THQ, Ubisoft and others.
The finalists are as follows:
Non-Professional Category (Game/Team)
• Climb to the Top of the Castle – TwO Bros. Games
• Dreamside Maroon – Terraced
• Galactic Arms Race – Galactic Arms Race
• Gear – Team 3
• Waker – Poof Productions
• zeit2 – Brightside Games
Professional Category (Game/Team)
• Aaaa! A Reckless Disregard for Gravity – Dejobaan Games, LLC
• Altitude – Nimbly Games
• Cogs – Lazy 8 Studios
• Fieldrunners – Subatomic Studios
• Miegakure – Marc ten Bosch
• Vessel – Strange Loop Games
For more information on the competition and to learn more about each finalist, visit www.indiegamechallenge.com.