There’s no time like the present to change your health care options for the coming year: SMU’s 2010 Open Enrollment period ends at 5 p.m. Oct. 30, 2009.
This year’s benefits changes require many faculty and staff members to make an active election during open enrollment. For 2010 open enrollment, you must take action for the following conditions:
- You want to make changes to your current coverage.
- You want to add or drop dependents from coverage.
- You are currently enrolled in the Aetna HMO, which will not be offered for 2010.
- You are currently enrolled for Employee + One medical coverage.
- You want to adjust your premium payments.
- You want to participate in one or both of the Flexible Spending Accounts in 2010.
- You want to make a contribution to the Health Savings Account (HSA) in 2010.
Last-minute changes are easy to make thanks to online open enrollment through Access.SMU. To use the application:
- Enter your Access.SMU user ID and password as you normally would to review your pay statement.
- Click Benefits in the Employee Self-Service navigation on the right, then choose Benefits Enrollment to access your personalized Open Enrollment record.
- Be sure to read all instructions carefully before making elections for 2010.
Human Resources also offers guidance through face-to-face meetings with Benefits Department representatives. For more information or to schedule an appointment, contact the Department of Human Resources, 214-768-3311.