David Blackwell, Huffington Department of Earth Sciences, Dedman College, received the 2009 Joseph W. Aidlin Award at the Geothermal Resources Council (GRC) annual meeting in early October. The GRC, the primary professional educational association for the international geothermal community, gives the Aidlin Award each year for “outstanding contributions to the development of geothermal energy.” Blackwell’s mapping of North American geothermal resources, and his research into using hot wastewater produced from oil and gas wells as a source of electricity, have dramatically expanded the potential for global geothermal energy production.
- U.S. Department of State issues Worldwide Travel Alert through Feb. 24, 2016
- Helping students with stress during the holiday and exam season
- Calendar Highlights: Mustang-Must-do’s for the Holiday Season
- Pulitzer Prize-winning historian David McCullough honored with SMU’s 2015 Tower Medal of Freedom
- Double discounts at the SMU Bookstore during Faculty and Staff Appreciation Day, Wednesday, Dec. 2, 2015