David Blackwell, Huffington Department of Earth Sciences, Dedman College, received the 2009 Joseph W. Aidlin Award at the Geothermal Resources Council (GRC) annual meeting in early October. The GRC, the primary professional educational association for the international geothermal community, gives the Aidlin Award each year for “outstanding contributions to the development of geothermal energy.” Blackwell’s mapping of North American geothermal resources, and his research into using hot wastewater produced from oil and gas wells as a source of electricity, have dramatically expanded the potential for global geothermal energy production.
Latest Faculty & Staff News
- Tune In: Pi Day #STEMWalk shows that math is all around us March 23, 2017
- SMU Women’s Basketball takes on Indiana in WNIT third round Thursday, March 23, 3017 March 23, 2017
- Dallas Police Chief David Brown receives SMU’s 2017 J. Erik Jonsson Ethics Award March 23, 2017
- SMU Guildhall named #1 for game design in The Princeton Review‘s 2017 rankings March 21, 2017
- SMU names search committee for Vice President for Student Affairs March 15, 2017