David Blackwell, Huffington Department of Earth Sciences, Dedman College, received the 2009 Joseph W. Aidlin Award at the Geothermal Resources Council (GRC) annual meeting in early October. The GRC, the primary professional educational association for the international geothermal community, gives the Aidlin Award each year for “outstanding contributions to the development of geothermal energy.” Blackwell’s mapping of North American geothermal resources, and his research into using hot wastewater produced from oil and gas wells as a source of electricity, have dramatically expanded the potential for global geothermal energy production.
- Technology entrepreneur and PayPal founder Peter Thiel delivers Tate Lecture Oct. 21, 2014
- SMU continues to monitor Ebola information
- Sports: Men’s Soccer makes return to NSCAA/Continental Tire Division I Coaches Poll
- Tips, tricks and training on the menu at SMU’s 2014 Tech Day Wednesday, Oct. 22
- Calendar Highlights: Oct. 16, 2014