David Blackwell, Huffington Department of Earth Sciences, Dedman College, received the 2009 Joseph W. Aidlin Award at the Geothermal Resources Council (GRC) annual meeting in early October. The GRC, the primary professional educational association for the international geothermal community, gives the Aidlin Award each year for “outstanding contributions to the development of geothermal energy.” Blackwell’s mapping of North American geothermal resources, and his research into using hot wastewater produced from oil and gas wells as a source of electricity, have dramatically expanded the potential for global geothermal energy production.
- Meadows Museum to host first U.S. exhibition of masterworks from the House of Alba’s private collections
- SMU greets new students with the 2014 AARO Ice Cream Social Monday, June 30
- $4 million gift will create new family law clinic in SMU’s Dedman School of Law
- For the Record: June 19, 2014
- Service dogs take on new role as artists’ models in weekend workshop at SMU’s Meadows Museum, Saturday, June 21, 2014