David Blackwell, Huffington Department of Earth Sciences, Dedman College, received the 2009 Joseph W. Aidlin Award at the Geothermal Resources Council (GRC) annual meeting in early October. The GRC, the primary professional educational association for the international geothermal community, gives the Aidlin Award each year for “outstanding contributions to the development of geothermal energy.” Blackwell’s mapping of North American geothermal resources, and his research into using hot wastewater produced from oil and gas wells as a source of electricity, have dramatically expanded the potential for global geothermal energy production.
- Calendar Highlights: April 1, 2015
- SMU to honor three global leaders with honorary degrees during its 100th Commencement ceremony Saturday, May 16, 2015
- Meadows School announces $1.5 million challenge grant during 2015 ‘Meadows at the Meyerson’ benefit
- Lyda Hill to receive SMU’s 2015 J. Erik Jonsson Ethics Award
- Arts and civic leader Caren Prothro to be honored in 2015 “Meadows at the Meyerson” Tuesday, March 31