David Blackwell, Huffington Department of Earth Sciences, Dedman College, received the 2009 Joseph W. Aidlin Award at the Geothermal Resources Council (GRC) annual meeting in early October. The GRC, the primary professional educational association for the international geothermal community, gives the Aidlin Award each year for “outstanding contributions to the development of geothermal energy.” Blackwell’s mapping of North American geothermal resources, and his research into using hot wastewater produced from oil and gas wells as a source of electricity, have dramatically expanded the potential for global geothermal energy production.
- Renovated Moody Coliseum, Miller Event Center to open for 2013 December Commencement Convocation
- Sorolla and America opens in Meadows Museum Dec. 13, 2013
- SMU’s National Center for Arts Research issues first report
- SMU mourns loss of Lyle School University Distinguished Professor Jeff Kennington
- SMU’s 2013 Gift Guide features something for Mustangs of all ages