David Blackwell, Huffington Department of Earth Sciences, Dedman College, received the 2009 Joseph W. Aidlin Award at the Geothermal Resources Council (GRC) annual meeting in early October. The GRC, the primary professional educational association for the international geothermal community, gives the Aidlin Award each year for “outstanding contributions to the development of geothermal energy.” Blackwell’s mapping of North American geothermal resources, and his research into using hot wastewater produced from oil and gas wells as a source of electricity, have dramatically expanded the potential for global geothermal energy production.
- SMU’s 2016 President’s Picnic is Wednesday, May 18
- SMU ready to celebrate at 2016 May Commencement Convocation
- Theatre Artist-in-Residence Will Power receives 2016 Doris Duke Artist Award
- Cancer prevention pioneer Groesbeck Parham to receive honorary doctorate during SMU’s 2016 Commencement
- Student-designed games debut on Steam Greenlight, available for public play-testing at 2016 SMU Guildhall Spring Exhibition