David Blackwell, Huffington Department of Earth Sciences, Dedman College, received the 2009 Joseph W. Aidlin Award at the Geothermal Resources Council (GRC) annual meeting in early October. The GRC, the primary professional educational association for the international geothermal community, gives the Aidlin Award each year for “outstanding contributions to the development of geothermal energy.” Blackwell’s mapping of North American geothermal resources, and his research into using hot wastewater produced from oil and gas wells as a source of electricity, have dramatically expanded the potential for global geothermal energy production.
- 2015 Tate Lecture with Robin Roberts to be rescheduled
- Nomination deadline for Staff Recognition, Loretta O’Reilly Hawkins Awards is Jan. 30, 2015
- SMU urges flu shots and other preventive measures
- Nominations now open for SMU’s 2014-15 All-University awards
- SMU’s Simmons School honors advocates for education with 2015 Luminary Awards