David Blackwell, Huffington Department of Earth Sciences, Dedman College, received the 2009 Joseph W. Aidlin Award at the Geothermal Resources Council (GRC) annual meeting in early October. The GRC, the primary professional educational association for the international geothermal community, gives the Aidlin Award each year for “outstanding contributions to the development of geothermal energy.” Blackwell’s mapping of North American geothermal resources, and his research into using hot wastewater produced from oil and gas wells as a source of electricity, have dramatically expanded the potential for global geothermal energy production.
Latest Faculty & Staff News
- SMU’s Center for Presidential History to host panel on Trump’s first 100 days Thursday, April 27, 2017 April 20, 2017
- NCAA, Olympic diving coach Jim Stillson to retire after 33 years at SMU April 20, 2017
- Four honorary degree recipients to participate in public symposia during SMU Commencement Week 2017 April 20, 2017
- Caroline Brettell elected to the American Academy of Arts and Sciences April 18, 2017
- SMU honors outstanding achievement, service at 2016-17 Hilltop Excellence Awards, Honors Convocation April 18, 2017