David Blackwell, Huffington Department of Earth Sciences, Dedman College, received the 2009 Joseph W. Aidlin Award at the Geothermal Resources Council (GRC) annual meeting in early October. The GRC, the primary professional educational association for the international geothermal community, gives the Aidlin Award each year for “outstanding contributions to the development of geothermal energy.” Blackwell’s mapping of North American geothermal resources, and his research into using hot wastewater produced from oil and gas wells as a source of electricity, have dramatically expanded the potential for global geothermal energy production.
- Tune In: ‘Mustang Minute’ captures magic moments at SMU
- Anthony Herrera named executive director of Cox School’s Latino Leadership Initiative
- Faculty/staff tickets available early for 2014 SMU-Texas A&M football
- Calendar Highlights: Aug. 29, 2014
- OE2C project aims to streamline contract administration process