David Blackwell, Huffington Department of Earth Sciences, Dedman College, received the 2009 Joseph W. Aidlin Award at the Geothermal Resources Council (GRC) annual meeting in early October. The GRC, the primary professional educational association for the international geothermal community, gives the Aidlin Award each year for “outstanding contributions to the development of geothermal energy.” Blackwell’s mapping of North American geothermal resources, and his research into using hot wastewater produced from oil and gas wells as a source of electricity, have dramatically expanded the potential for global geothermal energy production.
- New SMU safety policy restricts items allowed into Ford Stadium
- SMU faculty to help lead immigration history conference at Dallas’ Old Red Museum Sept. 19, 2015
- Perkins dean search committee named; open faculty-staff forums scheduled for Sept. 14, 2015
- 2015 Common Reading author Emily St. John Mandel to speak at SMU Wednesday, Sept. 9
- SMU shares parking, relocation info for 2015 football home games