David Blackwell, Huffington Department of Earth Sciences, Dedman College, received the 2009 Joseph W. Aidlin Award at the Geothermal Resources Council (GRC) annual meeting in early October. The GRC, the primary professional educational association for the international geothermal community, gives the Aidlin Award each year for “outstanding contributions to the development of geothermal energy.” Blackwell’s mapping of North American geothermal resources, and his research into using hot wastewater produced from oil and gas wells as a source of electricity, have dramatically expanded the potential for global geothermal energy production.
- Provost names Maria Dixon Hall to lead new campus-wide initiative on cultural intelligence
- Ebonii Nelson named Interim Assistant Provost of Strategic Initiatives and Director of Student Retention
- Four SMU faculty members retire with emeritus status in 2015-16
- Douglas A. Reinelt named SMU Associate Provost effective Aug. 1, 2016
- SMU announces five 2016 Ford Research Fellows