David Blackwell, Huffington Department of Earth Sciences, Dedman College, received the 2009 Joseph W. Aidlin Award at the Geothermal Resources Council (GRC) annual meeting in early October. The GRC, the primary professional educational association for the international geothermal community, gives the Aidlin Award each year for “outstanding contributions to the development of geothermal energy.” Blackwell’s mapping of North American geothermal resources, and his research into using hot wastewater produced from oil and gas wells as a source of electricity, have dramatically expanded the potential for global geothermal energy production.
- Calendar Highlights: Back to school in brief, Aug. 22, 2014
- SMU OE2C announces first initiative: travel and entertainment policy and tools
- Simmons School’s Michael Harris named director of SMU’s Center for Teaching Excellence
- Save the date: SMU’s Fall 2014 General Faculty Meeting will take place Wednesday, Aug. 27
- SMU’s 2014 Engaged Learning Expo connects students with opportunities on Wednesday, Aug. 27