David Blackwell, Huffington Department of Earth Sciences, Dedman College, received the 2009 Joseph W. Aidlin Award at the Geothermal Resources Council (GRC) annual meeting in early October. The GRC, the primary professional educational association for the international geothermal community, gives the Aidlin Award each year for “outstanding contributions to the development of geothermal energy.” Blackwell’s mapping of North American geothermal resources, and his research into using hot wastewater produced from oil and gas wells as a source of electricity, have dramatically expanded the potential for global geothermal energy production.
- SMU’s Dedman College will house DFW chapter of the Albert Schweitzer Fellowship
- 2014 Hart Global Leaders Forum presents Colin Powell Tuesday, Sept. 30
- Sports Highlights: Sept. 24, 2014
- ‘Oscar de la Renta: Five Decades of Style’ comes to an end Oct. 5, 2014 at the Bush Center
- $2 million gift will create Mary and Richard Templeton Centennial Chair in Electrical Engineering in SMU’s Lyle School