David Blackwell, Huffington Department of Earth Sciences, Dedman College, received the 2009 Joseph W. Aidlin Award at the Geothermal Resources Council (GRC) annual meeting in early October. The GRC, the primary professional educational association for the international geothermal community, gives the Aidlin Award each year for “outstanding contributions to the development of geothermal energy.” Blackwell’s mapping of North American geothermal resources, and his research into using hot wastewater produced from oil and gas wells as a source of electricity, have dramatically expanded the potential for global geothermal energy production.
- Meadows Theatre presents three spring plays in ‘The Rep’ April 22-May 4, 2014
- SMU hails outstanding achievement at 2013-14 Awards Extravaganza, Honors Convocation
- SMU OIT issues advice on Heartbleed bug
- Junior Rahfin Faruk receives 2014 Truman Scholarship
- New SMU ID cards represent new approach to campus security