David Blackwell, Huffington Department of Earth Sciences, Dedman College, received the 2009 Joseph W. Aidlin Award at the Geothermal Resources Council (GRC) annual meeting in early October. The GRC, the primary professional educational association for the international geothermal community, gives the Aidlin Award each year for “outstanding contributions to the development of geothermal energy.” Blackwell’s mapping of North American geothermal resources, and his research into using hot wastewater produced from oil and gas wells as a source of electricity, have dramatically expanded the potential for global geothermal energy production.
- Sports: Men’s Basketball continues seven-game homestand against former Southwest Conference foe Arkansas
- Save the date: Celebration of Lights on Monday, Dec. 1, 2014
- SMU announces two new gifts for endowed faculty positions
- OE2C: Travel Initiative seeks faculty-staff input on travel management companies
- Calendar Highlights: Nov. 19, 2014