David Blackwell, Huffington Department of Earth Sciences, Dedman College, received the 2009 Joseph W. Aidlin Award at the Geothermal Resources Council (GRC) annual meeting in early October. The GRC, the primary professional educational association for the international geothermal community, gives the Aidlin Award each year for “outstanding contributions to the development of geothermal energy.” Blackwell’s mapping of North American geothermal resources, and his research into using hot wastewater produced from oil and gas wells as a source of electricity, have dramatically expanded the potential for global geothermal energy production.
Latest Faculty & Staff News
- Pulitzer Prize-winner Matthew Desmond to give public lecture at SMU Thursday, Aug. 24, 2017 August 18, 2017
- Save the date: SMU Fall 2017 General Faculty Meeting, Wednesday, Aug. 23 August 17, 2017
- SMU welcomes the Class of 2021 with Mustang Corral 2017, Aug. 16-20 August 10, 2017
- Site Spotlight: Operational Excellence showcases staff members August 10, 2017
- Apply for a 2018 Sam Taylor Fellowship by Tuesday, Aug. 15, 2017 August 10, 2017