David Blackwell, Huffington Department of Earth Sciences, Dedman College, received the 2009 Joseph W. Aidlin Award at the Geothermal Resources Council (GRC) annual meeting in early October. The GRC, the primary professional educational association for the international geothermal community, gives the Aidlin Award each year for “outstanding contributions to the development of geothermal energy.” Blackwell’s mapping of North American geothermal resources, and his research into using hot wastewater produced from oil and gas wells as a source of electricity, have dramatically expanded the potential for global geothermal energy production.
- Student achievement in the spotlight during SMU Engaged Learning Week, Feb. 8-12, 2016
- Meadows Museum Launches New Series of Public Gallery Talks, Art in Focus
- Calendar Highlights: Mustang Must-do’s for Feb. 5, 2016
- Calendar Highlights: Mustang Must-do’s for Jan. 29, 2016
- Former U.S. Poet Laureate Kay Ryan to visit SMU Feb. 25, 2016