Former President George W. Bush had lunch with President’s and Hunt Scholars and addressed a class of journalism students during an April 29 visit to the SMU campus. “I was trying to impart some knowledge,” Bush told SMU Daily Mustang reporter and student Shelly Smith as he came out of Journalism Lecturer Carolyn Barta‘s class, where he had spent more than an hour. Bush and Barta first met during his 1978 run for Congress, when she was a newspaper reporter. She invited him to talk to her class.
- ‘Why Standing Rock Matters’ is topic for Clements Center panel discussion Monday, Oct. 24, 2016
- Fred Chang inducted into National Academy of Engineering in D.C. ceremony
- Acclaimed authors Bernice L. McFadden and Tyehimba Jess to read at SMU’s 2016 Kimbilio Litfest Thursday, Oct. 13
- Just Mercy author Bryan Stevenson gives two lectures at SMU Thursday, Oct. 13, 2016
- Changes ahead as SMU rolls out 2017 Open Enrollment, Oct. 14-31, 2016