Former President George W. Bush had lunch with President’s and Hunt Scholars and addressed a class of journalism students during an April 29 visit to the SMU campus. “I was trying to impart some knowledge,” Bush told SMU Daily Mustang reporter and student Shelly Smith as he came out of Journalism Lecturer Carolyn Barta‘s class, where he had spent more than an hour. Bush and Barta first met during his 1978 run for Congress, when she was a newspaper reporter. She invited him to talk to her class.
- OE2C: President Turner updates campus on next phase
- Banjos, supercomputers and killer bacteria: TEDxSMU explores ‘Strangely Familiar’ territory Nov. 1, 2014
- Calendar Highlights: Oct. 29, 2014
- SMU’s Caruth Institute for Engineering Education names Leanne Ketterlin-Geller director of K-12 STEM Initiatives
- Big iDeas looks for the next big student innovation at the 2014 Pitch Contest Friday, Oct. 31