Former President George W. Bush had lunch with President’s and Hunt Scholars and addressed a class of journalism students during an April 29 visit to the SMU campus. “I was trying to impart some knowledge,” Bush told SMU Daily Mustang reporter and student Shelly Smith as he came out of Journalism Lecturer Carolyn Barta‘s class, where he had spent more than an hour. Bush and Barta first met during his 1978 run for Congress, when she was a newspaper reporter. She invited him to talk to her class.
- Technology entrepreneur and PayPal founder Peter Thiel delivers Tate Lecture Oct. 21, 2014
- SMU continues to monitor Ebola information
- Sports: Men’s Soccer makes return to NSCAA/Continental Tire Division I Coaches Poll
- Tips, tricks and training on the menu at SMU’s 2014 Tech Day Wednesday, Oct. 22
- Calendar Highlights: Oct. 16, 2014