Former President George W. Bush had lunch with President’s and Hunt Scholars and addressed a class of journalism students during an April 29 visit to the SMU campus. “I was trying to impart some knowledge,” Bush told SMU Daily Mustang reporter and student Shelly Smith as he came out of Journalism Lecturer Carolyn Barta‘s class, where he had spent more than an hour. Bush and Barta first met during his 1978 run for Congress, when she was a newspaper reporter. She invited him to talk to her class.
- Research: Learning algebra from Instagram
- Sports: Rachel Nicol posts nation’s fastest breaststroke time, named AAC Women’s Swimmer of the Week
- $1.5 million gift establishes SMU endowed chair in the legal rights and protection of children
- Gerald J. Ford to speak at SMU’s 2014 December Commencement on Dec. 20
- Faculty in the News: Oct. 7-20, 2014