Former President George W. Bush had lunch with President’s and Hunt Scholars and addressed a class of journalism students during an April 29 visit to the SMU campus. “I was trying to impart some knowledge,” Bush told SMU Daily Mustang reporter and student Shelly Smith as he came out of Journalism Lecturer Carolyn Barta‘s class, where he had spent more than an hour. Bush and Barta first met during his 1978 run for Congress, when she was a newspaper reporter. She invited him to talk to her class.
- SMU Guildhall hosts free-play sessions of student-designed games during 2014 Fall Exhibition Friday, Dec. 19
- Maguire Energy Institute celebrates 40th anniversary
- SMU-record 14 professors receive 2014-15 Sam Taylor Fellowships
- SMU reaches resolution agreement with Department of Education’s Office for Civil Rights
- OE2C: President Turner posts memo on media reports