Former President George W. Bush had lunch with President’s and Hunt Scholars and addressed a class of journalism students during an April 29 visit to the SMU campus. “I was trying to impart some knowledge,” Bush told SMU Daily Mustang reporter and student Shelly Smith as he came out of Journalism Lecturer Carolyn Barta‘s class, where he had spent more than an hour. Bush and Barta first met during his 1978 run for Congress, when she was a newspaper reporter. She invited him to talk to her class.
- Provost names Maria Dixon Hall to lead new campus-wide initiative on cultural intelligence
- Ebonii Nelson named Interim Assistant Provost of Strategic Initiatives and Director of Student Retention
- Four SMU faculty members retire with emeritus status in 2015-16
- Douglas A. Reinelt named SMU Associate Provost effective Aug. 1, 2016
- SMU announces five 2016 Ford Research Fellows