Former President George W. Bush had lunch with President’s and Hunt Scholars and addressed a class of journalism students during an April 29 visit to the SMU campus. “I was trying to impart some knowledge,” Bush told SMU Daily Mustang reporter and student Shelly Smith as he came out of Journalism Lecturer Carolyn Barta‘s class, where he had spent more than an hour. Bush and Barta first met during his 1978 run for Congress, when she was a newspaper reporter. She invited him to talk to her class.
- Meadows Museum to host first U.S. exhibition of masterworks from the House of Alba’s private collections
- SMU greets new students with the 2014 AARO Ice Cream Social Monday, June 30
- $4 million gift will create new family law clinic in SMU’s Dedman School of Law
- For the Record: June 19, 2014
- Service dogs take on new role as artists’ models in weekend workshop at SMU’s Meadows Museum, Saturday, June 21, 2014