Former President George W. Bush had lunch with President’s and Hunt Scholars and addressed a class of journalism students during an April 29 visit to the SMU campus. “I was trying to impart some knowledge,” Bush told SMU Daily Mustang reporter and student Shelly Smith as he came out of Journalism Lecturer Carolyn Barta‘s class, where he had spent more than an hour. Bush and Barta first met during his 1978 run for Congress, when she was a newspaper reporter. She invited him to talk to her class.
- Take a closer look at student innovation during the 2016 Engaged Learning Symposium and Big iDeas Pitch Contest, Friday, Sept. 23
- Andrew J. Torget’s history of cotton, slavery and the Texas Revolution wins 2015 Weber-Clements Book Prize
- SMU is ‘Home in the Heart of Texas’ for 2016 Family Weekend, Sept. 23-25
- Dr. Bob Smith Health Center dedication to take place at SMU Friday, Sept. 16, 2016
- SMU names Rakesh Dahiya treasurer and chief investment officer