Paul Phillips (left), Music Director, Meadows Symphony Orchestra, will make his debut as guest conductor during the 2009-10 subscription series of the Dallas Symphony Orchestra. His program, scheduled for performance Jan. 7-9, 2010, will include the world premiere of a viola concerto by American composer Margaret Brouwer. The soloist will be DSO principal violist Ellen Rose, adjunct associate professor, Meadows School of the Arts. Read more from The Dallas Morning News.
- Provost names Maria Dixon Hall to lead new campus-wide initiative on cultural intelligence
- Ebonii Nelson named Interim Assistant Provost of Strategic Initiatives and Director of Student Retention
- Four SMU faculty members retire with emeritus status in 2015-16
- Douglas A. Reinelt named SMU Associate Provost effective Aug. 1, 2016
- SMU announces five 2016 Ford Research Fellows