Glinda Bridgforth talks money at Women’s Symposium Feb. 25

Glinda BridgforthGlinda Bridgforth, financial expert and author of Girl, Make Your Money Grow! A Sister’s Guide to Protecting Your Future and Enriching Your Life, is the keynote speaker in SMU’s 44th Annual Women’s Symposium Feb. 25, 2009.

Bridgforth, renowned as a featured coach in the “Oprah’s Debt Diet” series on “The Oprah Winfrey Show,” has written 4 books on money and credit management. She speaks on a variety of personal financial issues, including building wealth, clearing debt, setting financial goals, dealing with money insecurities, cultural aspects of money habits and the emotional issues behind spending. She is the founder of Bridgforth Financial & Associates LLC, a consulting firm that offers “a holistic approach to financial management.”

The 2009 Symposium further explores its theme, “Women and the Monetary Truth,” with 3 interest sessions that will examine women’s roles in money management on a personal and global scale.

“When we set out – in March 2008 – to find a theme for our 44th Symposium, we had no idea how relevant this would become,” says Karen Click, director of SMU’s Women’s Center for Gender and Pride Initiatives. “From our keynote speaker to our workshops and topical tables, we will be looking at many different aspects of women and money. What do women need to know about money? What haven’t we learned, and what can we share with each other?”

“I look forward to having that intimate space to ask of other women around me, how are you managing this? What should I be doing?” Click adds.

Created in 1966 as part of SMU’s 50th anniversary celebration, the Women’s Symposium is the longest continuously running program of its type in the nation. The annual event brings together women and men of all ages and ethnic backgrounds to explore topics of national interest.

SMU faculty, staff and students may attend the Symposium free of charge. Register online or find more information at the Women’s Symposium website.

About Kathleen Tibbetts

EA-PubAffairs(Periodicals)
This entry was posted in Calendar Highlights, News, Save the Date and tagged , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.