SMU celebrated the completion of a new landscape for the Laura Bush Promenade in February 2009. The Promenade, a garden and seating area that intersects the University’s Fondren Library Center, was given in 1999 by then-Governor George W. Bush as a tribute to his wife’s contributions to literacy and libraries. Mrs. Bush (’68), the recipient of the 2008 Methodist Health System Robert S. Folsom Leadership Award, was surprised at the award ceremony with the announcement that the planting at the Promenade would be renovated courtesy of Lambert Landscape Company. Left to right, R. Gerald Turner, SMU president; April Box Chamberlain, president and CEO, Methodist Health System Foundation; Paul Fields, president and director of design, Lambert Landscape Company; Susan Byerly Nowlin (’67), co-chair, Folsom Leadership Award dinner; Carl Sewell (’66), chairman, SMU Board of Trustees; and Jim Koons, SMU associate vice president for campus planning and plant operations.
Latest Faculty & Staff News
- Tune In: Pi Day #STEMWalk shows that math is all around us March 23, 2017
- SMU Women’s Basketball takes on Indiana in WNIT third round Thursday, March 23, 3017 March 23, 2017
- Dallas Police Chief David Brown receives SMU’s 2017 J. Erik Jonsson Ethics Award March 23, 2017
- SMU Guildhall named #1 for game design in The Princeton Review‘s 2017 rankings March 21, 2017
- SMU names search committee for Vice President for Student Affairs March 15, 2017