Gillian McCombs (right), Dean, Central University Libraries, is featured in “Stars Over the Metroplex in the Last Decade of the Twentieth Century” – a quilt hand-stitched by SMU alumna Vivian Castleberry and displayed at The Women’s Museum in Dallas’ Fair Park. The quilt honors 144 prominent women in the Dallas area during the 1990-2000 decade. Each 6-inch-square block is centered by a portrait of the woman, surrounded by a modified star pattern. Several University alumnae also are featured, including Ruth Altshuler, Harriet Miers and Louise Raggio.
- SMU faculty to help lead immigration history conference at Dallas’ Old Red Museum Sept. 19, 2015
- Perkins dean search committee named; open faculty-staff forums scheduled for Sept. 14, 2015
- 2015 Common Reading author Emily St. John Mandel to speak at SMU Wednesday, Sept. 9
- SMU shares parking, relocation info for 2015 football home games
- SMU earns an “A” for financial health in 2015 Forbes ranking