Gillian McCombs (right), Dean, Central University Libraries, is featured in “Stars Over the Metroplex in the Last Decade of the Twentieth Century” – a quilt hand-stitched by SMU alumna Vivian Castleberry and displayed at The Women’s Museum in Dallas’ Fair Park. The quilt honors 144 prominent women in the Dallas area during the 1990-2000 decade. Each 6-inch-square block is centered by a portrait of the woman, surrounded by a modified star pattern. Several University alumnae also are featured, including Ruth Altshuler, Harriet Miers and Louise Raggio.
- U.S. Department of State issues Worldwide Travel Alert through Feb. 24, 2016
- Helping students with stress during the holiday and exam season
- Calendar Highlights: Mustang-Must-do’s for the Holiday Season
- Pulitzer Prize-winning historian David McCullough honored with SMU’s 2015 Tower Medal of Freedom
- Double discounts at the SMU Bookstore during Faculty and Staff Appreciation Day, Wednesday, Dec. 2, 2015