Gillian McCombs (right), Dean, Central University Libraries, is featured in “Stars Over the Metroplex in the Last Decade of the Twentieth Century” – a quilt hand-stitched by SMU alumna Vivian Castleberry and displayed at The Women’s Museum in Dallas’ Fair Park. The quilt honors 144 prominent women in the Dallas area during the 1990-2000 decade. Each 6-inch-square block is centered by a portrait of the woman, surrounded by a modified star pattern. Several University alumnae also are featured, including Ruth Altshuler, Harriet Miers and Louise Raggio.
- Faculty in the News: Oct. 7-20, 2014
- SMU faculty, staff to join Interfaith Housing Coalition for 2014 Stampede of Service Nov. 7
- Meadows Theatre main stage season continues with Caryl Churchill’s Top Girls through Oct. 26, 2014
- Staff Association presents 2014 Variety Show Tuesday, Oct. 28
- Calendar Highlights: Oct. 22, 2014