Gillian McCombs (right), Dean, Central University Libraries, is featured in “Stars Over the Metroplex in the Last Decade of the Twentieth Century” – a quilt hand-stitched by SMU alumna Vivian Castleberry and displayed at The Women’s Museum in Dallas’ Fair Park. The quilt honors 144 prominent women in the Dallas area during the 1990-2000 decade. Each 6-inch-square block is centered by a portrait of the woman, surrounded by a modified star pattern. Several University alumnae also are featured, including Ruth Altshuler, Harriet Miers and Louise Raggio.
- Simmons School creates scholarship fund honoring Peter Gifford
- Star students show their work on SMU Research Day, Wednesday, Feb. 25, 2015
- Best-selling author and presidential historian Doris Kearns Goodwin delivers Tate Lecture, Feb. 24, 2015
- Weather: SMU, SMU-in-Plano open at noon Tuesday, Feb. 24, 2015
- Weather: SMU and SMU-in-Plano closed Monday, Feb. 23, 2015