Gillian McCombs (right), Dean, Central University Libraries, is featured in “Stars Over the Metroplex in the Last Decade of the Twentieth Century” – a quilt hand-stitched by SMU alumna Vivian Castleberry and displayed at The Women’s Museum in Dallas’ Fair Park. The quilt honors 144 prominent women in the Dallas area during the 1990-2000 decade. Each 6-inch-square block is centered by a portrait of the woman, surrounded by a modified star pattern. Several University alumnae also are featured, including Ruth Altshuler, Harriet Miers and Louise Raggio.
Latest Faculty & Staff News
- Tune In: Pi Day #STEMWalk shows that math is all around us March 23, 2017
- SMU Women’s Basketball takes on Indiana in WNIT third round Thursday, March 23, 3017 March 23, 2017
- Dallas Police Chief David Brown receives SMU’s 2017 J. Erik Jonsson Ethics Award March 23, 2017
- SMU Guildhall named #1 for game design in The Princeton Review‘s 2017 rankings March 21, 2017
- SMU names search committee for Vice President for Student Affairs March 15, 2017