Gillian McCombs (right), Dean, Central University Libraries, is featured in “Stars Over the Metroplex in the Last Decade of the Twentieth Century” – a quilt hand-stitched by SMU alumna Vivian Castleberry and displayed at The Women’s Museum in Dallas’ Fair Park. The quilt honors 144 prominent women in the Dallas area during the 1990-2000 decade. Each 6-inch-square block is centered by a portrait of the woman, surrounded by a modified star pattern. Several University alumnae also are featured, including Ruth Altshuler, Harriet Miers and Louise Raggio.
- Arts and civic leader Caren Prothro to be honored in 2015 “Meadows at the Meyerson” Tuesday, March 31
- Princeton Review ranks SMU Guildhall #3 among graduate game-design programs in 2015
- Two world premieres are highlights of Meadows’ 2015 Spring Dance Concert, March 25-29
- Calendar Highlights: March 25, 2015
- Associate Provost Harold Stanley named interim SMU provost