Gillian McCombs (right), Dean, Central University Libraries, is featured in “Stars Over the Metroplex in the Last Decade of the Twentieth Century” – a quilt hand-stitched by SMU alumna Vivian Castleberry and displayed at The Women’s Museum in Dallas’ Fair Park. The quilt honors 144 prominent women in the Dallas area during the 1990-2000 decade. Each 6-inch-square block is centered by a portrait of the woman, surrounded by a modified star pattern. Several University alumnae also are featured, including Ruth Altshuler, Harriet Miers and Louise Raggio.
- Provost names Maria Dixon Hall to lead new campus-wide initiative on cultural intelligence
- Ebonii Nelson named Interim Assistant Provost of Strategic Initiatives and Director of Student Retention
- Four SMU faculty members retire with emeritus status in 2015-16
- Douglas A. Reinelt named SMU Associate Provost effective Aug. 1, 2016
- SMU announces five 2016 Ford Research Fellows