Gillian McCombs (right), Dean, Central University Libraries, is featured in “Stars Over the Metroplex in the Last Decade of the Twentieth Century” – a quilt hand-stitched by SMU alumna Vivian Castleberry and displayed at The Women’s Museum in Dallas’ Fair Park. The quilt honors 144 prominent women in the Dallas area during the 1990-2000 decade. Each 6-inch-square block is centered by a portrait of the woman, surrounded by a modified star pattern. Several University alumnae also are featured, including Ruth Altshuler, Harriet Miers and Louise Raggio.
- SMU dance students and Dallas Chamber Symphony perform live to silent classic Metropolis at Dallas VideoFest Oct. 13, 2015
- Premiums and plan options remain stable as SMU prepares for 2016 Open Enrollment, Oct. 12-31, 2015
- 2015 Kimbilio Litfest will introduce African-American fiction writers’ organization to SMU Thursday, Oct. 15
- 2015 SMU Stanton Sharp Lecture explores Texas’ hidden Civil War history, Wednesday, Oct. 14
- Provost candidate Michele Wheatly to meet with SMU faculty, staff Oct. 14-15, 2015