The Student Foundation’s 2008 Celebration of Lights begins at 7 p.m. Dec. 7 on the University’s main quad. More than 100,000 decorative lights will fill the trees, luminarias will line the sidewalks, and SMU President R. Gerald Turner will follow a decades-old tradition of reading the Christmas story from the New Testament. A reception in the Hughes-Trigg Student Center Ballroom will follow the lighting of the SMU Christmas tree.
- Award-winning author NoViolet Bulaweyo ’07 returns to SMU for 2014 Common Reading discussion Monday, Sept. 15
- Sports: Highlights, Sept. 12, 2014
- SMU DCII asks ‘What is happiness?’ in 2014 IMPACT Symposia
- Tune In: Tower Center’s Joshua Rovner talks national security after al Qaeda on ‘Think’ Sept. 11, 2014
- SMU Guildhall deputy director heads out for active duty in Afghanistan