The Student Foundation’s 2008 Celebration of Lights begins at 7 p.m. Dec. 7 on the University’s main quad. More than 100,000 decorative lights will fill the trees, luminarias will line the sidewalks, and SMU President R. Gerald Turner will follow a decades-old tradition of reading the Christmas story from the New Testament. A reception in the Hughes-Trigg Student Center Ballroom will follow the lighting of the SMU Christmas tree.
- Cox School of Business rises 16 places in The Economist‘s global M.B.A. rankings
- ‘Why Standing Rock Matters’ is topic for Clements Center panel discussion Monday, Oct. 24, 2016
- Fred Chang inducted into National Academy of Engineering in D.C. ceremony
- Acclaimed authors Bernice L. McFadden and Tyehimba Jess to read at SMU’s 2016 Kimbilio Litfest Thursday, Oct. 13
- Just Mercy author Bryan Stevenson gives two lectures at SMU Thursday, Oct. 13, 2016