The Student Foundation’s 2008 Celebration of Lights begins at 7 p.m. Dec. 7 on the University’s main quad. More than 100,000 decorative lights will fill the trees, luminarias will line the sidewalks, and SMU President R. Gerald Turner will follow a decades-old tradition of reading the Christmas story from the New Testament. A reception in the Hughes-Trigg Student Center Ballroom will follow the lighting of the SMU Christmas tree.
Latest Faculty & Staff News
- SMU gets creative at the 2017 Dallas Festival of Ideas Saturday, April 29 April 27, 2017
- Provost appoints search committee for new position of associate provost for Continuing Education April 27, 2017
- SMU names Stephanie L. Knight dean of Simmons School of Education and Human Development April 25, 2017
- Elizabeth Killingsworth named interim dean and director of SMU’s Central University Libraries April 24, 2017
- SMU’s Center for Presidential History to host panel on Trump’s first 100 days Thursday, April 27, 2017 April 20, 2017