The Student Foundation’s 2008 Celebration of Lights begins at 7 p.m. Dec. 7 on the University’s main quad. More than 100,000 decorative lights will fill the trees, luminarias will line the sidewalks, and SMU President R. Gerald Turner will follow a decades-old tradition of reading the Christmas story from the New Testament. A reception in the Hughes-Trigg Student Center Ballroom will follow the lighting of the SMU Christmas tree.
- Spring forward: Daylight Saving Time 2014 begins Sunday, March 9
- Seven SMU students to attend 2014 Clinton Global Initiative University annual meeting March 21-23
- SMU Meadows and Dallas Chamber Symphony host international piano competition, March 12-15, 2014
- SMU Lyle to offer first-of-its-kind graduate degree in datacenter systems engineering
- Pamela Patton wins 2014 Eleanor Tufts Book Award