It’s not too late to participate in the scary fun during Halloween on the Hilltop:
• Outdoor Adventures offers Midnight Cosmic Climbing, 11 p.m.-1 a.m. Oct. 30, in the Dedman Center for Lifetime Sports. Come for the late-night rock climbing – stay for the lights, prizes and DJ’ed music. Costumes are encouraged (must be harness-compatible). Contact David Chambers, 8-4822.
• SMU Child Care and Preschool holds its annual Halloween Parade beginning at 10 a.m. Oct. 31. Come out to Bishop Boulevard to see the costumes and treat the tricksters.
• Wear your biggest hair and scariest sweats to ’80s-themed Group X classes all day Oct. 31 at Dedman Center – including the Cardio Bosu Booty Bounce, Heavy Metal Spinning and a “Step Into the ’80s” version of Radical Abs. All Dedman Center members and guests are invited; no Group X pass is required. Costumes are encouraged. Contact Brook Jimenez, 8-4824.
• Students, faculty, and staff are invited to celebrate the departed with Mexican food, music and hot chocolate at a Dia de los Muertos celebration 11 a.m. Oct. 31, 153 Heroy Hall.
• The Hegi Family Career Development Center invites students, faculty and staff for a Haunted Open House 11 a.m.-3 p.m. Oct. 31 at their offices in the Hughes-Trigg Student Center. The festivities feature haunted tours, treats, contests and prizes.
• Meadows Opera Theatre celebrates the spooky side with performances of eerie scenes from Die Fledermaus, Lucia di Lammermoor and Fiddler on the Roof in an Opera Free For All at 1 p.m. Oct. 31 in the Taubman Atrium, Owen Arts Center.