The South Central Jurisdiction of the United Methodist Church upheld permission granted SMU to lease land to the George W. Bush Foundation for the Bush Library, Museum and Institute at its quadrennial meeting July 17. In March 2007, SMU received permission for the lease from the Jurisdiction’s Mission Council, which conducts business in between quadrennial meetings. A petition presented to the conference by some delegates sought to overturn that permission, but was defeated.
- Tune In: SMU welcomes the Class of 2020
- Statement from SMU President R. Gerald Turner on SMU Police Officer Mark McCullers
- Al Niemi announces plans to step down as dean of SMU’s Cox School of Business after 2016-17 academic year
- Sports: Rescheduled SMU Football Fan Day includes scrimmage Saturday, Aug. 27, 2016
- Luisa del Rosal named executive director of SMU’s Tower Center for Political Studies, Mission Foods Texas-Mexico Center