The South Central Jurisdiction of the United Methodist Church upheld permission granted SMU to lease land to the George W. Bush Foundation for the Bush Library, Museum and Institute at its quadrennial meeting July 17. In March 2007, SMU received permission for the lease from the Jurisdiction’s Mission Council, which conducts business in between quadrennial meetings. A petition presented to the conference by some delegates sought to overturn that permission, but was defeated.
- Provost candidate Michele Wheatly to meet with SMU faculty, staff Oct. 14-15, 2015
- Provost candidate David Chard to meet with SMU faculty, staff Oct. 5-6, 2015
- Calendar Highlights: Mustang Must-do’s for Oct. 2, 2015
- Get your flu shot for free during SMU’s Fall 2015 clinics
- SMUSA sends out call for talent for 2015 Staff Variety Show