The South Central Jurisdiction of the United Methodist Church upheld permission granted SMU to lease land to the George W. Bush Foundation for the Bush Library, Museum and Institute at its quadrennial meeting July 17. In March 2007, SMU received permission for the lease from the Jurisdiction’s Mission Council, which conducts business in between quadrennial meetings. A petition presented to the conference by some delegates sought to overturn that permission, but was defeated.
Latest Faculty & Staff News
- Kenechukwu (K.C.) Mmeje named SMU Vice President for Student Affairs May 23, 2017
- Save the date to celebrate: SMU’s 2017 President’s Picnic is Wednesday, May 24 May 18, 2017
- SMU Guildhall’s 2017 Spring Exhibition takes place Friday, May 19 May 18, 2017
- Research: Gamers join researchers in the fight against cancer May 18, 2017
- Four distinguished SMU scholars named 2017 Ford Research Fellows May 18, 2017