The South Central Jurisdiction of the United Methodist Church upheld permission granted SMU to lease land to the George W. Bush Foundation for the Bush Library, Museum and Institute at its quadrennial meeting July 17. In March 2007, SMU received permission for the lease from the Jurisdiction’s Mission Council, which conducts business in between quadrennial meetings. A petition presented to the conference by some delegates sought to overturn that permission, but was defeated.
- SMU Guildhall hosts free-play sessions of student-designed games during 2014 Fall Exhibition Friday, Dec. 19
- Maguire Energy Institute celebrates 40th anniversary
- SMU-record 14 professors receive 2014-15 Sam Taylor Fellowships
- SMU reaches resolution agreement with Department of Education’s Office for Civil Rights
- OE2C: President Turner posts memo on media reports