Natalie Kashefi and Sara Gingrich, both SMU undergraduates majoring in biology, spent a day introducing third graders at Dallas’ Lipscomb Elementary School to the life cycle of sea urchins as part of their school science class. Accompanying them was SMU Provost Paul Ludden, who has facilitated such volunteer efforts at local schools for 18 years, since his own daughter was in third grade. See a slide show from SMU News.
- Spring forward: Daylight Saving Time 2014 begins Sunday, March 9
- Seven SMU students to attend 2014 Clinton Global Initiative University annual meeting March 21-23
- SMU Meadows and Dallas Chamber Symphony host international piano competition, March 12-15, 2014
- SMU Lyle to offer first-of-its-kind graduate degree in datacenter systems engineering
- Pamela Patton wins 2014 Eleanor Tufts Book Award