Natalie Kashefi and Sara Gingrich, both SMU undergraduates majoring in biology, spent a day introducing third graders at Dallas’ Lipscomb Elementary School to the life cycle of sea urchins as part of their school science class. Accompanying them was SMU Provost Paul Ludden, who has facilitated such volunteer efforts at local schools for 18 years, since his own daughter was in third grade. See a slide show from SMU News.
- Take a closer look at student innovation during the 2016 Engaged Learning Symposium and Big iDeas Pitch Contest, Friday, Sept. 23
- Andrew J. Torget’s history of cotton, slavery and the Texas Revolution wins 2015 Weber-Clements Book Prize
- SMU is ‘Home in the Heart of Texas’ for 2016 Family Weekend, Sept. 23-25
- Dr. Bob Smith Health Center dedication to take place at SMU Friday, Sept. 16, 2016
- SMU rises to 56 in U.S. News & World Report rankings; five-place increase is one of nation’s best