Natalie Kashefi and Sara Gingrich, both SMU undergraduates majoring in biology, spent a day introducing third graders at Dallas’ Lipscomb Elementary School to the life cycle of sea urchins as part of their school science class. Accompanying them was SMU Provost Paul Ludden, who has facilitated such volunteer efforts at local schools for 18 years, since his own daughter was in third grade. See a slide show from SMU News.
- OE2C: President Turner updates campus on next phase
- Banjos, supercomputers and killer bacteria: TEDxSMU explores ‘Strangely Familiar’ territory Nov. 1, 2014
- Calendar Highlights: Oct. 29, 2014
- SMU’s Caruth Institute for Engineering Education names Leanne Ketterlin-Geller director of K-12 STEM Initiatives
- Big iDeas looks for the next big student innovation at the 2014 Pitch Contest Friday, Oct. 31