Natalie Kashefi and Sara Gingrich, both SMU undergraduates majoring in biology, spent a day introducing third graders at Dallas’ Lipscomb Elementary School to the life cycle of sea urchins as part of their school science class. Accompanying them was SMU Provost Paul Ludden, who has facilitated such volunteer efforts at local schools for 18 years, since his own daughter was in third grade. See a slide show from SMU News.
Latest Faculty & Staff News
- Tune In: Watch SMU’s 103rd Opening Convocation live, Sunday, Aug. 20, 2017 August 18, 2017
- SMU Physics will project solar eclipse into Dallas Hall Rotunda on Monday, Aug. 21, 2017 August 18, 2017
- Pulitzer Prize-winner Matthew Desmond to give public lecture at SMU Thursday, Aug. 24, 2017 August 18, 2017
- Save the date: SMU Fall 2017 General Faculty Meeting, Wednesday, Aug. 23 August 17, 2017
- First Impressions, lasting impact: Literary partnership completes an unfinished journey August 16, 2017