Natalie Kashefi and Sara Gingrich, both SMU undergraduates majoring in biology, spent a day introducing third graders at Dallas’ Lipscomb Elementary School to the life cycle of sea urchins as part of their school science class. Accompanying them was SMU Provost Paul Ludden, who has facilitated such volunteer efforts at local schools for 18 years, since his own daughter was in third grade. See a slide show from SMU News.
- Statement from SMU President R. Gerald Turner on SMU Police Officer Mark McCullers
- Al Niemi announces plans to step down as dean of SMU’s Cox School of Business after 2016-17 academic year
- Sports: Rescheduled SMU Football Fan Day includes scrimmage Saturday, Aug. 27, 2016
- Luisa del Rosal named executive director of SMU’s Tower Center for Political Studies, Mission Foods Texas-Mexico Center
- Save the date: 2016 Fall General Faculty Meeting takes place Wednesday, Aug. 24