This week, SMU faculty and staff will participate in a conference on creating mentoring environments for students. Sharon Daloz Parks, director of leadership for the New Commons of the Whidbey Institute, is keynote speaker for “Big Questions, Worthy Dreams: Mentoring Young People in Their Search for Meaning, Purpose and Faith.” The two-day conference features faculty sessions Feb. 14 (faculty may choose to attend a morning or afternoon session) and a staff session 10 a.m.-3:30 p.m. Feb. 15 (lunch included). This free event is sponsored by the Office of the Chaplain and Religious Life; registration is required. For more information, contact Judy Henneberger, 8-4502.
- New SMU safety policy restricts items allowed into Ford Stadium
- SMU faculty to help lead immigration history conference at Dallas’ Old Red Museum Sept. 19, 2015
- Perkins dean search committee named; open faculty-staff forums scheduled for Sept. 14, 2015
- 2015 Common Reading author Emily St. John Mandel to speak at SMU Wednesday, Sept. 9
- SMU shares parking, relocation info for 2015 football home games