This week, SMU faculty and staff will participate in a conference on creating mentoring environments for students. Sharon Daloz Parks, director of leadership for the New Commons of the Whidbey Institute, is keynote speaker for “Big Questions, Worthy Dreams: Mentoring Young People in Their Search for Meaning, Purpose and Faith.” The two-day conference features faculty sessions Feb. 14 (faculty may choose to attend a morning or afternoon session) and a staff session 10 a.m.-3:30 p.m. Feb. 15 (lunch included). This free event is sponsored by the Office of the Chaplain and Religious Life; registration is required. For more information, contact Judy Henneberger, 8-4502.
Latest Faculty & Staff News
- Tune In: Watch SMU’s 103rd Opening Convocation live, Sunday, Aug. 20, 2017 August 18, 2017
- SMU Physics will project solar eclipse into Dallas Hall Rotunda on Monday, Aug. 21, 2017 August 18, 2017
- Pulitzer Prize-winner Matthew Desmond to give public lecture at SMU Thursday, Aug. 24, 2017 August 18, 2017
- Save the date: SMU Fall 2017 General Faculty Meeting, Wednesday, Aug. 23 August 17, 2017
- First Impressions, lasting impact: Literary partnership completes an unfinished journey August 16, 2017