This week, SMU faculty and staff will participate in a conference on creating mentoring environments for students. Sharon Daloz Parks, director of leadership for the New Commons of the Whidbey Institute, is keynote speaker for “Big Questions, Worthy Dreams: Mentoring Young People in Their Search for Meaning, Purpose and Faith.” The two-day conference features faculty sessions Feb. 14 (faculty may choose to attend a morning or afternoon session) and a staff session 10 a.m.-3:30 p.m. Feb. 15 (lunch included). This free event is sponsored by the Office of the Chaplain and Religious Life; registration is required. For more information, contact Judy Henneberger, 8-4502.
- Statement from SMU President R. Gerald Turner on SMU Police Officer Mark McCullers
- Al Niemi announces plans to step down as dean of SMU’s Cox School of Business after 2016-17 academic year
- Sports: Rescheduled SMU Football Fan Day includes scrimmage Saturday, Aug. 27, 2016
- Luisa del Rosal named executive director of SMU’s Tower Center for Political Studies, Mission Foods Texas-Mexico Center
- Save the date: 2016 Fall General Faculty Meeting takes place Wednesday, Aug. 24