This week, SMU faculty and staff will participate in a conference on creating mentoring environments for students. Sharon Daloz Parks, director of leadership for the New Commons of the Whidbey Institute, is keynote speaker for “Big Questions, Worthy Dreams: Mentoring Young People in Their Search for Meaning, Purpose and Faith.” The two-day conference features faculty sessions Feb. 14 (faculty may choose to attend a morning or afternoon session) and a staff session 10 a.m.-3:30 p.m. Feb. 15 (lunch included). This free event is sponsored by the Office of the Chaplain and Religious Life; registration is required. For more information, contact Judy Henneberger, 8-4502.
- SMU’s Dedman College will house DFW chapter of the Albert Schweitzer Fellowship
- 2014 Hart Global Leaders Forum presents Colin Powell Tuesday, Sept. 30
- Sports Highlights: Sept. 24, 2014
- ‘Oscar de la Renta: Five Decades of Style’ comes to an end Oct. 5, 2014 at the Bush Center
- $2 million gift will create Mary and Richard Templeton Centennial Chair in Electrical Engineering in SMU’s Lyle School