Gwen Beauchamp, an information support specialist in SMU’s Cox School of Business, is one of 100 finalists in the $1 million 2008 Pillsbury Bake-Off. This year’s winner won’t be chosen until April, when competitors present their creations to judges in Dallas – but campus community members can help her toward another goal. Vote for Beauchamp’s Toffee-Banana Brownies in the Bake-Off’s Sweet Treats category: The recipe with the most online votes wins $5,000 and the title of “America’s Favorite Recipe.” Find more information at www.bakeoff.com.
- Calendar Highlights: Oct. 29, 2014
- SMU’s Caruth Institute for Engineering Education names Leanne Ketterlin-Geller director of K-12 STEM Initiatives
- Big iDeas looks for the next big student innovation at the 2014 Pitch Contest Friday, Oct. 31
- Research: Learning algebra from Instagram
- Sports: Rachel Nicol posts nation’s fastest breaststroke time, named AAC Women’s Swimmer of the Week