As SMU celebrates 2008 MLK Week, SMU News has made available online, for the first time ever, the speech Dr. Martin Luther King Jr. made in McFarlin Auditorium. Gene Halaburt of Dallas, who was near the front of a standing-room-only crowd of students and faculty members, taped the Mar. 17, 1966 speech with a hand-held recorder and has graciously provided a copy to the University. (There is a brief gap in the recording at about 40 minutes, possibly caused when the cassette was turned over.) Listen here.
- SMU’s Dedman College will house DFW chapter of the Albert Schweitzer Fellowship
- 2014 Hart Global Leaders Forum presents Colin Powell Tuesday, Sept. 30
- Sports Highlights: Sept. 24, 2014
- ‘Oscar de la Renta: Five Decades of Style’ comes to an end Oct. 5, 2014 at the Bush Center
- $2 million gift will create Mary and Richard Templeton Centennial Chair in Electrical Engineering in SMU’s Lyle School