As SMU celebrates 2008 MLK Week, SMU News has made available online, for the first time ever, the speech Dr. Martin Luther King Jr. made in McFarlin Auditorium. Gene Halaburt of Dallas, who was near the front of a standing-room-only crowd of students and faculty members, taped the Mar. 17, 1966 speech with a hand-held recorder and has graciously provided a copy to the University. (There is a brief gap in the recording at about 40 minutes, possibly caused when the cassette was turned over.) Listen here.
- Technology entrepreneur and PayPal founder Peter Thiel delivers Tate Lecture Oct. 21, 2014
- SMU continues to monitor Ebola information
- Sports: Men’s Soccer makes return to NSCAA/Continental Tire Division I Coaches Poll
- Tips, tricks and training on the menu at SMU’s 2014 Tech Day Wednesday, Oct. 22
- Calendar Highlights: Oct. 16, 2014