As SMU celebrates 2008 MLK Week, SMU News has made available online, for the first time ever, the speech Dr. Martin Luther King Jr. made in McFarlin Auditorium. Gene Halaburt of Dallas, who was near the front of a standing-room-only crowd of students and faculty members, taped the Mar. 17, 1966 speech with a hand-held recorder and has graciously provided a copy to the University. (There is a brief gap in the recording at about 40 minutes, possibly caused when the cassette was turned over.) Listen here.
- SMU Guildhall hosts free-play sessions of student-designed games during 2014 Fall Exhibition Friday, Dec. 19
- Maguire Energy Institute celebrates 40th anniversary
- SMU-record 14 professors receive 2014-15 Sam Taylor Fellowships
- SMU reaches resolution agreement with Department of Education’s Office for Civil Rights
- OE2C: President Turner posts memo on media reports