As SMU celebrates 2008 MLK Week, SMU News has made available online, for the first time ever, the speech Dr. Martin Luther King Jr. made in McFarlin Auditorium. Gene Halaburt of Dallas, who was near the front of a standing-room-only crowd of students and faculty members, taped the Mar. 17, 1966 speech with a hand-held recorder and has graciously provided a copy to the University. (There is a brief gap in the recording at about 40 minutes, possibly caused when the cassette was turned over.) Listen here.
- SMU’s Meadows School of the Arts to present two premieres at “Meadows at the Winspear” benefit concert, May 11
- Order the new SMU Facts map by Friday, May 13, 2016
- Five receive 2016 SMU Faculty Senate Outstanding Staff Awards
- Some class spaces still available for SMU MayTerm 2016
- Calendar Highlights: The end of Spring 2016 at a glance