As SMU celebrates 2008 MLK Week, SMU News has made available online, for the first time ever, the speech Dr. Martin Luther King Jr. made in McFarlin Auditorium. Gene Halaburt of Dallas, who was near the front of a standing-room-only crowd of students and faculty members, taped the Mar. 17, 1966 speech with a hand-held recorder and has graciously provided a copy to the University. (There is a brief gap in the recording at about 40 minutes, possibly caused when the cassette was turned over.) Listen here.
- Sports: Men’s Basketball continues seven-game homestand against former Southwest Conference foe Arkansas
- Save the date: Celebration of Lights on Monday, Dec. 1, 2014
- SMU announces two new gifts for endowed faculty positions
- OE2C: Travel Initiative seeks faculty-staff input on travel management companies
- Calendar Highlights: Nov. 19, 2014