As SMU celebrates 2008 MLK Week, SMU News has made available online, for the first time ever, the speech Dr. Martin Luther King Jr. made in McFarlin Auditorium. Gene Halaburt of Dallas, who was near the front of a standing-room-only crowd of students and faculty members, taped the Mar. 17, 1966 speech with a hand-held recorder and has graciously provided a copy to the University. (There is a brief gap in the recording at about 40 minutes, possibly caused when the cassette was turned over.) Listen here.
- Calendar Highlights: Mustang Must-do’s for October 2, 2015
- Get your flu shot for free during SMU’s Fall 2015 clinics
- SMUSA sends out call for talent for 2015 Staff Variety Show
- Texas churches help SMU mark its centennial with ringing of bells
- University publishes Annual Security and Fire Safety Report