As SMU celebrates 2008 MLK Week, SMU News has made available online, for the first time ever, the speech Dr. Martin Luther King Jr. made in McFarlin Auditorium. Gene Halaburt of Dallas, who was near the front of a standing-room-only crowd of students and faculty members, taped the Mar. 17, 1966 speech with a hand-held recorder and has graciously provided a copy to the University. (There is a brief gap in the recording at about 40 minutes, possibly caused when the cassette was turned over.) Listen here.
- Provost names Maria Dixon Hall to lead new campus-wide initiative on cultural intelligence
- Ebonii Nelson named Interim Assistant Provost of Strategic Initiatives and Director of Student Retention
- Four SMU faculty members retire with emeritus status in 2015-16
- Douglas A. Reinelt named SMU Associate Provost effective Aug. 1, 2016
- SMU announces five 2016 Ford Research Fellows