As SMU celebrates 2008 MLK Week, SMU News has made available online, for the first time ever, the speech Dr. Martin Luther King Jr. made in McFarlin Auditorium. Gene Halaburt of Dallas, who was near the front of a standing-room-only crowd of students and faculty members, taped the Mar. 17, 1966 speech with a hand-held recorder and has graciously provided a copy to the University. (There is a brief gap in the recording at about 40 minutes, possibly caused when the cassette was turned over.) Listen here.
- SMU’s 2016 President’s Picnic is Wednesday, May 18
- SMU ready to celebrate at 2016 May Commencement Convocation
- Theatre Artist-in-Residence Will Power receives 2016 Doris Duke Artist Award
- Cancer prevention pioneer Groesbeck Parham to receive honorary doctorate during SMU’s 2016 Commencement
- Student-designed games debut on Steam Greenlight, available for public play-testing at 2016 SMU Guildhall Spring Exhibition