As SMU celebrates 2008 MLK Week, SMU News has made available online, for the first time ever, the speech Dr. Martin Luther King Jr. made in McFarlin Auditorium. Gene Halaburt of Dallas, who was near the front of a standing-room-only crowd of students and faculty members, taped the Mar. 17, 1966 speech with a hand-held recorder and has graciously provided a copy to the University. (There is a brief gap in the recording at about 40 minutes, possibly caused when the cassette was turned over.) Listen here.
- SMU to join Park Cities Independence Day celebrations July 4, 2015
- Wes Waggoner named interim SMU AVP for enrollment management effective July 1, 2015
- Pres. Turner confirms SMU will opt out of Texas campus-carry law
- SMUSA Centennial Staff Photo rescheduled for June 4, 2015
- Boone re-elected SMU Board of Trustees chair effective June 2015