As SMU celebrates 2008 MLK Week, SMU News has made available online, for the first time ever, the speech Dr. Martin Luther King Jr. made in McFarlin Auditorium. Gene Halaburt of Dallas, who was near the front of a standing-room-only crowd of students and faculty members, taped the Mar. 17, 1966 speech with a hand-held recorder and has graciously provided a copy to the University. (There is a brief gap in the recording at about 40 minutes, possibly caused when the cassette was turned over.) Listen here.
Latest Faculty & Staff News
- Save the date: SMU Fall 2017 General Faculty Meeting, Wednesday, Aug. 23 August 17, 2017
- SMU welcomes the Class of 2021 with Mustang Corral 2017, Aug. 16-20 August 10, 2017
- Site Spotlight: Operational Excellence showcases staff members August 10, 2017
- Apply for a 2018 Sam Taylor Fellowship by Tuesday, Aug. 15, 2017 August 10, 2017
- Student career-management leader Crystal Clayton named executive director of SMU’s Hegi Family Career Development Center July 24, 2017