As SMU celebrates 2008 MLK Week, SMU News has made available online, for the first time ever, the speech Dr. Martin Luther King Jr. made in McFarlin Auditorium. Gene Halaburt of Dallas, who was near the front of a standing-room-only crowd of students and faculty members, taped the Mar. 17, 1966 speech with a hand-held recorder and has graciously provided a copy to the University. (There is a brief gap in the recording at about 40 minutes, possibly caused when the cassette was turned over.) Listen here.
- U.S. Department of State issues Worldwide Travel Alert through Feb. 24, 2016
- Helping students with stress during the holiday and exam season
- Calendar Highlights: Mustang-Must-do’s for the Holiday Season
- Pulitzer Prize-winning historian David McCullough honored with SMU’s 2015 Tower Medal of Freedom
- Double discounts at the SMU Bookstore during Faculty and Staff Appreciation Day, Wednesday, Dec. 2, 2015