As SMU celebrates 2008 MLK Week, SMU News has made available online, for the first time ever, the speech Dr. Martin Luther King Jr. made in McFarlin Auditorium. Gene Halaburt of Dallas, who was near the front of a standing-room-only crowd of students and faculty members, taped the Mar. 17, 1966 speech with a hand-held recorder and has graciously provided a copy to the University. (There is a brief gap in the recording at about 40 minutes, possibly caused when the cassette was turned over.) Listen here.
- Research: Learning algebra from Instagram
- Sports: Rachel Nicol posts nation’s fastest breaststroke time, named AAC Women’s Swimmer of the Week
- $1.5 million gift establishes SMU endowed chair in the legal rights and protection of children
- Gerald J. Ford to speak at SMU’s 2014 December Commencement on Dec. 20
- Faculty in the News: Oct. 7-20, 2014