As SMU celebrates 2008 MLK Week, SMU News has made available online, for the first time ever, the speech Dr. Martin Luther King Jr. made in McFarlin Auditorium. Gene Halaburt of Dallas, who was near the front of a standing-room-only crowd of students and faculty members, taped the Mar. 17, 1966 speech with a hand-held recorder and has graciously provided a copy to the University. (There is a brief gap in the recording at about 40 minutes, possibly caused when the cassette was turned over.) Listen here.
- Calendar Highlights: Mustang Must-do’s for February 12, 2016
- Sports: SMU Athletics on the Rise
- Fred Chang elected to National Academy of Engineering
- Student achievement in the spotlight during SMU Engaged Learning Week, Feb. 8-12, 2016
- Meadows Museum Launches New Series of Public Gallery Talks, Art in Focus