As SMU celebrates 2008 MLK Week, SMU News has made available online, for the first time ever, the speech Dr. Martin Luther King Jr. made in McFarlin Auditorium. Gene Halaburt of Dallas, who was near the front of a standing-room-only crowd of students and faculty members, taped the Mar. 17, 1966 speech with a hand-held recorder and has graciously provided a copy to the University. (There is a brief gap in the recording at about 40 minutes, possibly caused when the cassette was turned over.) Listen here.
- Spring forward: Daylight Saving Time 2014 begins Sunday, March 9
- Seven SMU students to attend 2014 Clinton Global Initiative University annual meeting March 21-23
- SMU Meadows and Dallas Chamber Symphony host international piano competition, March 12-15, 2014
- SMU Lyle to offer first-of-its-kind graduate degree in datacenter systems engineering
- Pamela Patton wins 2014 Eleanor Tufts Book Award