As SMU celebrates 2008 MLK Week, SMU News has made available online, for the first time ever, the speech Dr. Martin Luther King Jr. made in McFarlin Auditorium. Gene Halaburt of Dallas, who was near the front of a standing-room-only crowd of students and faculty members, taped the Mar. 17, 1966 speech with a hand-held recorder and has graciously provided a copy to the University. (There is a brief gap in the recording at about 40 minutes, possibly caused when the cassette was turned over.) Listen here.
- Meadows Museum to host first U.S. exhibition of masterworks from the House of Alba’s private collections
- SMU greets new students with the 2014 AARO Ice Cream Social Monday, June 30
- $4 million gift will create new family law clinic in SMU’s Dedman School of Law
- For the Record: June 19, 2014
- Service dogs take on new role as artists’ models in weekend workshop at SMU’s Meadows Museum, Saturday, June 21, 2014