As SMU celebrates 2008 MLK Week, SMU News has made available online, for the first time ever, the speech Dr. Martin Luther King Jr. made in McFarlin Auditorium. Gene Halaburt of Dallas, who was near the front of a standing-room-only crowd of students and faculty members, taped the Mar. 17, 1966 speech with a hand-held recorder and has graciously provided a copy to the University. (There is a brief gap in the recording at about 40 minutes, possibly caused when the cassette was turned over.) Listen here.
- Save the date: SMU’s Fall 2014 General Faculty Meeting will take place Wednesday, Aug. 27
- SMU’s 2014 Engaged Learning Expo connects students with opportunities on Wednesday, Aug. 27
- SMU revises University Policy Manual regarding sick leave, bereavement; changes are the first wave of a comprehensive update
- SMU recognized by U.S. Department of Homeland Security for antiterrorism preparedness, effectiveness under the SAFETY Act
- Bush Center celebrates Oscar de la Renta with “Five Decades of Style” through Oct. 5, 2014