As SMU celebrates 2008 MLK Week, SMU News has made available online, for the first time ever, the speech Dr. Martin Luther King Jr. made in McFarlin Auditorium. Gene Halaburt of Dallas, who was near the front of a standing-room-only crowd of students and faculty members, taped the Mar. 17, 1966 speech with a hand-held recorder and has graciously provided a copy to the University. (There is a brief gap in the recording at about 40 minutes, possibly caused when the cassette was turned over.) Listen here.
- Statement from SMU President R. Gerald Turner on SMU Police Officer Mark McCullers
- Al Niemi announces plans to step down as dean of SMU’s Cox School of Business after 2016-17 academic year
- Sports: Rescheduled SMU Football Fan Day includes scrimmage Saturday, Aug. 27, 2016
- Luisa del Rosal named executive director of SMU’s Tower Center for Political Studies, Mission Foods Texas-Mexico Center
- Save the date: 2016 Fall General Faculty Meeting takes place Wednesday, Aug. 24