As SMU celebrates 2008 MLK Week, SMU News has made available online, for the first time ever, the speech Dr. Martin Luther King Jr. made in McFarlin Auditorium. Gene Halaburt of Dallas, who was near the front of a standing-room-only crowd of students and faculty members, taped the Mar. 17, 1966 speech with a hand-held recorder and has graciously provided a copy to the University. (There is a brief gap in the recording at about 40 minutes, possibly caused when the cassette was turned over.) Listen here.
- SMU to host international particle physics workshop April 27-May 1, 2015
- Dean Joanne Vogel named interim VP for student affairs effective July 1, 2015
- James K. Hopkins is inaugural recipient of SMU’s Second Century Faculty Career Achievement Award
- Construction creates temporary changes to westbound SMU shuttle routes during April and May 2015
- SMU MayTerm 2015 enrollment underway for main-campus classes that start May 14