As SMU celebrates 2008 MLK Week, SMU News has made available online, for the first time ever, the speech Dr. Martin Luther King Jr. made in McFarlin Auditorium. Gene Halaburt of Dallas, who was near the front of a standing-room-only crowd of students and faculty members, taped the Mar. 17, 1966 speech with a hand-held recorder and has graciously provided a copy to the University. (There is a brief gap in the recording at about 40 minutes, possibly caused when the cassette was turned over.) Listen here.
Latest Faculty & Staff News
- SMU gets creative at the 2017 Dallas Festival of Ideas Saturday, April 29 April 27, 2017
- Provost appoints search committee for new position of associate provost for Continuing Education April 27, 2017
- SMU names Stephanie L. Knight dean of Simmons School of Education and Human Development April 25, 2017
- Elizabeth Killingsworth named interim dean and director of SMU’s Central University Libraries April 24, 2017
- SMU’s Center for Presidential History to host panel on Trump’s first 100 days Thursday, April 27, 2017 April 20, 2017