“What would a university be without its staff? An asylum,” said Provost Paul Ludden in his keynote speech at the 2007 Staff Recognition Ceremony Oct. 23. Ludden was there to help honor five staff members who celebrated their 25th year at the University in 2007, as well as five winners in the Staff Association’s annual awards program. Read more.
Staff members who celebrated their 25th SMU anniversaries this year:
- Lisa Barnes, Public Affairs/Integrated Marketing
- Kathleen Hugley-Cook, Dedman College Advising Center
- Jane Morris, Underwood Law Library
- Tito Munoz, Campus Planning and Plant Operations
- Tammy Sherwood, Engineering Management and Information Systems
The University now has 64 staff members who have been with SMU for 26 to 55 years, Ludden said.
Four staff members received President’s Awards:
- Margaux Montgomery, Economics, received the New Employee Excellence Award, given to a star performer who has been with SMU from one to three consecutive years.
- Tammy Dyer, Treasurer, received the Continuing Excellence Award, presented to an employee who has been with the University for four or more years.
- Anita Ingram, Risk Management, received the Outstanding Leadership Award, recognizing exceptional leadership ability within a unit or across the University.
- Leslie Reid, English, received the Innovation Award, recognizing creative ideas that significantly improve work processes or greatly increase the efficiency of a unit.
John Gibson, Development and External Affairs, received the 2007 Loretta O’Reilly Hawkins Award, established to recognize and reward outstanding performance among University employees. Diane Urquhart, Hart eCenter, was a finalist.