The White Rock Lake Conservancy, a non-profit organization that seeks to promote, enhance and protect White Rock Lake and its natural beauty, is seeking a social media intern to create new content for the organization’s blog and social media channels. Ideal candidates should possess strong writing skills, be familiar with White Rock Lake, have a basic understand of how Twitter and Facebook operates, and should have a desire to learn more about social media marketing. Additional training in social media will be provided if necessary.
- Create original blog posts that promote White Rock Lake Conservancy and its goals
- Connect to audiences on Twitter and Facebook
- Manage existing content for the White Rock Lake Conservancy website
- Strong writing skills
- Understanding of Twitter, Facebook and the basics of blog writing is preferred
- Self-directed with strong work ethic and desire to enhance White Rock Lake
- Basic understanding of content management systems is a plus
- Duration: Temporary
- Pay: Uncompensated
- Work will be conducted out of Standing Dog Interactive located across North Central Expressway from SMU.