CONGRATULATIONS TO ELLEN PRYOR, ASSOCIATE PROVOST, ON HER PROMOTION TO THE FACULTY!

Please post your expressions of gratitude and thanks to Ellen for her service as Associate Provost for the past 5 years.

Just click  the link “Leave a Comment” below to get started.

About Steve Chan

AA-ProvHonorInternational()

23 Responses to CONGRATULATIONS TO ELLEN PRYOR, ASSOCIATE PROVOST, ON HER PROMOTION TO THE FACULTY!

1. Jan Spann says:

Welcome back to your part of the world, Tootsie! I am so glad you are teaching again! See you soon!!!

2. Sharon Magill says:

So GLAD you are coming back to Storey Hall!! We missed you!! Their loss is our gain!!

Sharon

3. Carolyn Yates says:

You were a fantastic Associate Provost! HOWEVER, it’s exciting to know that you will be returning to the law school. We missed you. (We’ll get a stash of Tootsie Rolls for you!)

4. Steve Rankin says:

Wishing you all the best, Ellen, as you transition back to the law school.

5. Judy Henneberger says:

Ellen. I know you are thrilled to be returning to the classroom. You make such an impact on your students. Thanks for all your support and guidance. Maybe now we can see more of each other.
    Blessings!

6. Tom Barry says:

One taste of Malibu Beach and you’re back to the faculty!! It’s been great working with you albeit too short of a time period. Best of luck in your first passion of teaching and research.

7. John Whaley says:

Dear Ellen: It was wonderful to get to know you. Your good humor is so contagious, and I will miss it. I know you’re returning to what you love to do, but I appreciate having had a chance to be part of your work life these past five years. Good luck on your lawyerly pursuits and stop by to fill us in on your latest project. All the best, John

8. regis campfield says:

Ellen: all good wishes and much appreciation for your pacesetting leadership that you have brought to SMU and the legal profession. We are so proud of you and that you are at SMULS.

9. Tom Fomby says:

Ellen,
    It was a very good experience for me to work with you on the Provost’s “New Programs and Degrees” Committee two years ago. I think that committee accomplished a lot thanks to your leadership. Enjoy your time back in the classroom and doing your research. Given your award winning teaching, I know all of the law students are going to be most pleased to see you back in the classroom. Thank you for your service to the University, Faculty, and Students for the last 5 years in your important position in the Provost’s office.
    My very best regards,
    Tom Fomby
    Department of Economics

10. Meghan J. Ryan says:

Hi Ellen,

I am so glad to have you back here at the Law School!

Sincerely,
    Meghan

11. Jennifer Post says:

Congratulations! You have been such a great partner in the provost office. We will sincerely miss you. I know you’ll love being back in the classroom and your students will be so fortunate. Congratulations!
    Jenn

12. Jennifer Cordi Haden says:

What a sad time for the Provost’s Office …. I miss your warmth and insight. It was truly a pleasure working with you during my time at SMU. Much like at the university, you had a positive impact and influence in shaping my worldview.

I wish you continued success and happiness and look forward to catching up sometime soon!

All the best –
    Jennifer

13. Susan Kress says:

Ellen,
    Congratulations on this new turn in your life! Good for you to follow through with your dream to go back to the classroom.
    Best!
    Susan Kress
    Director of Education Abroad

14. Annemarie Carr says:

Dear Ellen:

How great to know that your balance, wisdom, judgement and attentiveness will be directed to the heart of the Univerisity’s endeavor: the work of a faculty member. But how enriching it has been for someone like me to have met and savored those qualities through your work in administration. Congratulations to all of us on your return to the faculty–may the move bring you rich rewards.

Annemarie

15. Jose' Lage says:

Ellen,
    I just wish I have had time to interact more with you in your administrative role! Your leading of the Study Abroad Committee was phenomenal. SMU is indeed very fortunate to have many GREAT women, and you are certainly one of them.
    Jose’

16. Mary Vernon says:

Thank you, Ellen, for the light and intelligence you radiated in your task as Associate Provost.

17. Kathy Hargrove says:

My tribute to you, Ellen, is a paraphrase of a quotation from the distinguished lawyer, John W. Davis:
    Lawyers build no bridges, raise no towers, construct no engines. Little of what lawyers do is ever seen by others. But lawyers smooth out difficulties, relieve stress, correct mistakes. Lawyers take up the burdens of others and make possible the peaceful life in a peaceful state.
    These ideas might have been written just for you! Thanks so much for the work you have done that I can see as well as the unseen efforts by which you have accomplished so much. Your friendship has enriched our life at SMU.
    Kathy

18. Maggie Dunham says:

Ellen,

Thanks for picking the QEP topic and getting the process started.

Maggie

19. Lisa O'Donnell says:

Ellen,

I am glad you are not going far away! I have enjoyed working with you and look forward to visiting you at Dedman Law.

My best wishes to you always! – Lisa

20. John Hall says:

Ellen —
    I’ve enjoyed getting to know you, and working with you during the last few years.
    Thank you for all your support, and good work.
    Best wishes for much success and enjoyment in the coming years.
    Kindest regards,
    John

21. Josh Tate says:

Looking forward to having you back in Storey Hall!

22. Tina Brosseau says:

We will be glad to have you back at the Law School!

23. Amy Sample says:

Ellen,
    I’ve enjoyed the chance to work with you in your role as Associate Provost and will miss that. Thanks for being a great partner with HR. I wish you the best of luck as you return to the law school and look forward to seeing you around campus. I’m glad that you aren’t going far!

Amy