SMU – The Final Year!

There are two weeks left before school starts on  Monday August 21. I have a lot to do in those two weeks, revised syllabi for the classes I am teaching – Jazz I and Jazz II. Later in the semester, I will teach the last unit of Comp II. I also have to organize the fall 2017 Brown Bag. It will probably be difficult finding faculty adjudicators/mentors. We have Complexions for ballet faculty this year, Dwight Rhoden and Desmond Richardson. They have negotiated time away during the semester so I doubt it would work for them. I have an appointment with SMU Human Resources on Tuesday August 8 to go over the process of retiring. I hope to get back into a regular swimming routine as soon as possible.

It is now August 10, my syllabi are revised. My meeting at HR yesterday was all about health care, 99%. It is so complex. It will take me a while to figure it out. The woman who talked with me said that everyone was in a fog the first year. She also thought that in terms of the financials, I was in good shape. I still have access to the gym but pay $30 quarterly instead of $10 being taken out of my paycheck every month. That was good to know.

I also had a meeting with our Chair and the production supervisor on Tuesday. It was a decent start on figuring out the complexities of scheduling and casting. I will be a very busy guy.

This is a photo of me teaching at the Bates Dance Festival.  I am wearing an SMU Division of Dance T-shirt. The photo was taken by the festival photographer, Arthur Fink. The Meadows School of the Arts has asked for an updated Bio and a new photo for the faculty page of their website. I sent them this one.

About Gary Torborg

BF-ITS(AppMgmt)

2 Responses to SMU – The Final Year!

1. Pinkie Cohran says:

Inside most of the technological techniques and units we use at present are hundreds of small solid-state computer systems called Programmable Logic Controllers (PLCs),
    that make selections autonomously, primarily based on input from sensors.
    https://math-problem-solver.com/ . Whoever gives the right answer first, can sit.

2. John says:

Güncel İndir sitesi, full oyun indirme, torrent oyun indirme, program indirme, film indirme, dizi indirme alanlarında hizmet veren kaliteli indirme sitesidir. Sitemizde A’dan Z’ye tüm içerikleri bulabileceğiniz gibi özel link paylaşım sistemimiz ile son hızda indirme yapabilirsiniz. Sitemize eklenen tüm içerikler ekibimiz tarafından kontrol edilmektedir, sunduğumuz linkler tamamen güvenlidir. Sitemiz toplam 30+ kategoride hizmet vermekte olup oldukça zengin içeriklere sahiptir. Sizlere sitemizde bulunan birkaç kategoriyi tanıtmak istiyoruz. Sitemizi ziyaret etmek için: https://www.guncelindir.org