Dance is a Dual Admit Program:
In order to pursue a Dance major or minor at SMU, you must be admitted both to the Meadows School of the Arts (via your audition), as well as to SMU (via your undergraduate application for admission).
Admission checklist for Dance applicants
- Review 2017-18 Audition Dates and Recorded Audition Information
- Saturday, October 14, 2017
- Saturday, November 18, 2017
- Saturday, January 27, 2018
- Saturday, February 17, 2018
- Houston: Friday, December 8, 2017
- Baltimore: Friday, January 12, 2018
- Atlanta: Saturday, February 3, 2018
Can’t attend one of the audition dates above? Click here to review instructions for how to Submit a Recorded Audition.
- Determine which application deadline is right for you: Click here for guidelines
- Register online for your audition
Click here to go to our online audition scheduling page. Once there, use the calendar to select your desired audition date.
Review the Test Optional Policy here and determine whether or not to submit test scores with your application
- Apply to SMU. Review the guidelines in #2 above
Review how to prepare for your audition and what to expect during auditions here
Register for the optional Pre-Audition Day: Click here for details
- Review the Financial Aid process and submit the CSS Profile and the FAFSA, or, the Meadows Waiver Form as soon as possible