Web site upgrade to the IEEE Xplore database will finally see the light of day this Sunday, April 1st. According to the press announcement:
- Enhanced and more streamlined abstract page
- Enhanced browsing by title with the inclusion of refinements
- More prominent institutional branding
- New placement of sign-in links for personal accounts and institutional accounts
- New and improved IEEE personal account registration process
- New citation diagram
I played with it a few months ago, and the database will look more web 2.0 than a traditional database. Two items worth nothing – if you have a personal account, you’ll be prompted to change your user name to your e-mail. And if you have any saved searches, this latest refresh of the site is deleting them, so you might want to jot them down now.