The library now subscribes to BrowZine, a new tablet application that allows you to browse, read and monitor many of the library’s scholarly journals on your iPad or Android tablet. Items found in BrowZine can easily be synced up with Zotero, Dropbox, and several other services to help you keep all of your information together in one place. Please contact your liaison librarian with your feedback about BrowZine.
To learn more, please take a look at this short two minute video: http://thirdiron.com/browzine-ipad-app/video/
To access BrowZine for the first time, please do the following:
- Download the BrowZine app from your App Store, Google Play, or Kindle/Amazon stores depending on which tablet you use (iOS or Android).
- Please note that we support the following Android tablets: Google Nexus, Samsung Galaxy and Kindle Fire HD.
- Install the BrowZine app (make sure you have the most up-to-date version).
- Open BrowZine and go to “Choose Library”. Search for Southern Methodist University and tap to choose.
- NOTE: if you’re using iOS 7, please scroll down & select Southern Methodist University from the list; there is a bug Apple is fixing, which doesn’t allow you to search and choose an institution that should be fixed in the next couple of days that occurred with this release.
- Enter your campus credentials, these will be the same ones you use for off-campus access to library resources.
- Go to “Subjects” and select subject area.
- Start browsing!