SMU also will have booths at festivities following the parades on a day that promises fun for the whole family.
About the Park Cities parade
The annual parade, which expects a crowd of 13,000 people, will start on Euclid Avenue near the Highland Park Town Hall, 4700 Drexel Drive and end at Goar Park:
- 7:30 a.m. - Participants begin lining up.
- 8 a.m. - Family bicycle judging contest will begins at the Park Cities YMCA.
- 9 a.m. – Parade begins, ending at Goar Park.
- 9:30 a.m. – Festivities begin at Goar Park, including a free patriotic family festival featuring music, food, and entertainment for children of all ages.
About the Lake Highlands parade
The parade will begin at the North Highlands Bible Church, 9626 Church Road. and end at the Lake Highlands Recreation Center, 9940 White Rock Trail:
- 8:30 a.m. – Kids parade judging begins on the east side of the church.
- 8:30 a.m. – Float judging begins east of the church on Church Road.
- 9 a.m. – Parade begins.
- 9:30 a.m. - 11:30 a.m. – Post-parade carnival at the Lake Highlands Recreation Center.