What do you want to achieve in 2018? The New Year is here, and it’s time to start creating that list. According to Statistic Brain, only 9.2% of people who make New Year’s Resolutions felt they were successful at achieving them in 2017. Here’s how you can stay on track to achieve your goals this year.
- Keep it simple. Too many things on the list will not motivate you.
- Be specific. A resolution to get organized is daunting. A resolution that says “organize the papers on my desk” is much easier to achieve. You can always add on once you have accomplished the first goal.
- Make it measurable. The goal of being more creative may be hard to achieve. Instead, resolving to create a painting a week or go to a museum once a month is measureable (and specific).
- Create accountability for yourself. Tell your friends, blog about it or commit to a class or program that you have to show up for every week.
A CAPE Class From SMU Can Help You Stick to Your Goals
SMU’s Personal Enrichment classes fit into all of the guidelines to achieve your goals. We have classes to help you achieve many common resolutions:
- Organization. It all starts with time. CAPE’s Time Management class will give you tips to accomplish more each day.
- Gain the knowledge and skills to navigate life’s challenges and achieve your financial goals with classes like Fundamentals of Investing, a Financial $ense Workshop and Organize Your Way Out of Debt. Many instructors are Certified Financial Planners who have helped clients achieve a myriad of goals.
- Day-to-day life can hamper creativity unless you actively seek a time and place to spark your imagination. Studio Art classes like Beginning Digital Photography and Printmaking provide a time and a space to perfect your skills and create.
- Whether you are a traveler wanting to improve your ability to communicate or someone who loves linguistics, we offer French, Spanish, Arabic and Mandarin Chinese in our spring Language classes.
- Connect with Friends. Taking a class together is a great way to enjoy time with your friends while exploring something new. Register together for Beginning Hand Weaving, Page to Screen, or a Literature class for a shared experience you can talk about for years.
- Manage Stress. #TreatYourself to the skills you need to handle stress while still achieving your goals with Tai Chi for Stress and Relaxation.
- Even if you never leave the streets of Dallas, you can explore the world in CAPE classes. Paris Museum Tour, the Art of the Byzantine Empire or the European Travel Skills will give you a taste of the world that awaits.
These are just a few of the 100+ courses offered this spring designed to enrich your life, grow your skills and help you reach your 2018 goals.
Please contact us if you have any questions or need more info.